Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What is Ray Ramananda's Sangita Nataka

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is the sangita nataka of ramamda raya the following verses from CC

CC Madhya lila 8

text 58

"The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Vishny, is worshipped by the proper execution of prescribed dutues in the system of varna and ashram. There is no other way to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead. One must be situated in the institution of the four varnas and ashrams." purport by ACBSP: This is a quotation from the Vishnu Purana (3.8.9)

text 59

Sri Caitanya replied: "This is external. You had better tell me of some other means. Ramananda replied: "To offer the results of one's activities to Krishna is the essence of all perfection."

text 60

Ramananda Raya continued: "O son of Kunti, all that you do, all that you eat, all that you offer and give away as wellas all austerities that you may perform should be done as an offering unto me." (Bhagavad Gita 9.27)

text 61

"This is also external," Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said. "Please proceed and speak further on this matter." Ramananda Raya replied: "To give up one's occupational duties in the varnasrama is the essence of perfection."

text 62

Ramananda Raya continued, "Occupational duties are described in the religious scriptures. If one analyzes them he can fully understand their qualities and faults and then give them up completely to render service unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Such a person is considered a first class man."

text 63

"As stated in scripture (BG 18.66) "After giving up all kinds of religious and occupational duties, if you come to me and take shelter of me I will protect you fro all of life's sinful reactions."

text 64

After hearing Ramananda Raya speak in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said: "Go ahead and say something more." Ramananda Raya then replied: "Devotional service mixed with empiric knowledge is the essence of perfection."

text 65

Ramananda Raya continued, "According to the Bhagavad Gita, "One who is thus transcendentally situated at once realizes the Supreme Brahman and becomes joyful. He never laments or desires to have anything. In that state he attains pure devotional service unto me."

text 66

After hearing this, Sri Caitanya, as usual, rejected it, considering it to be external devotional service. He again asked Ramananda Raya to speak further and Ramananda Raya replied: "Pure devotional service without any touch of speculative knowledge is the essence of perfection.'

text 68

At this point Sri Caitanya replied: "This is all right but still you can speak more on the subject. Ramananda Raya then replied "Ecstatic love of God is the essence of all perfection."

Ramananda continues in this way, describing the relationships of servitude, fraternal and parental affection by citing examples. Caitanya asks him again to go further until he arrives at this conclusion:

text 79

Sri Caitanya said: "Your statements are certainly getting better and better one after the other, but surpassing all of them is another transcendental mellow, and you can speak of that as the most sublime." Ramananda Raya then replied:

"Conjugal attachment to Krishna is the topmost position of love of Godhead."

Ramananda Raya then extolls the glories of conjugal love and the love of the gopis for Krishna as well as the beauty of Sri Krishna in the company of the gopis.

Sri Caitanya is still not fully satisfied and speaks thus;

text 96

Sri Caitanya: "This is certainly the limit of perfection but please be merciful to me and speak more if there is more."

text 98

"Among the loving affairs of the gopis," Ramananda continued, "the love of Srimati Radharani for Sri Krishna is topmost."

text 99

"Just as Srimati Radharani is most dear to Sri Krishna, her bathing place known as Radha-Kunda is also dear to Him. Among all the gopis, Radharani is supermost and very dear to Lord Krishna."

Guest guest

Or is it another publication?

If so - what is that publicaiton

If no - then do these verses appear in other GV literature also?

Where did you get "Sangita Nataka" from? Ramananda Raya wrote "Jagannatha Vallabha Natakam", Prabodhananda wrote "Sangita Madhava". I think you are mixing them up.

Ooops So what are the verses inthe firs post called

Ramananda Samvada. Not only those verses, the entire eight chapter.

Suryaz, you should register, then you can edit all those typos you make.

Guest guest

What tip toes? [chuckle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif] Just kidding -

Yes you are right I should be more diligent. Humm