IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I keep telling my psychiatrist

Rate this topic

Guest guest

that I am a spirit soul but he insists that I am a manic-depressive. I guess I should have found a spiritual master instead of a psychiatrist.

They don't really have a clue. Maybe ok in a crisis. Try telling them that no one can see the person they are talking to. That we are relating to each other through puppets on a string. All we see are just corpses flapping around imitating real people. Zombies imitating the real living.

If he isn't on the phone by then calling for the white coats, then you can tell him that God is a little boy, blackish-blue in hue and that he steals butter and plays with cows, that is when He isn't wandering in the forest at night, flirting with His girlfriends and playing the flute.

In this world its crazy to be sane.

Guest guest

Actually that is very similar to what I thought about telling him. At least that we are not these physical bodies but I didn't really feel like losing my freedom for any extended amount of time.

damn crazies, wearing pink skirts, jumping round, shaved heads with a ponytail dangling, banging drums, clangin' bells, hollerin' dis and dat all day long.

Why the hell ain't ya in factories where ya'll belong. get a job!

Guest prabhu wrote:

<<Maybe Lord Chaitanya had bi-polar disorder, considering His mood swings and faintings. >>

Yes, according to that psychiatrist, but if Guest Prabhu thinks it that way, then too sad.

Krishna says:

yaa nishaa sarva bhUtaanaam

tasyaam jagarti sanyami

yasyaam jagriti bhUtaani

yaa nishaa pasyato mune

Any positive or negative minority in a majority could be viewed by the majority as crazies. So, a democracy run by a majority is not a perfect society/government.

Jai Sri Krishna!

A good doctor would not tell YOU that you are manic depressive. Possibly someday amphetamines, even cocaine will be once again prescribed and he could tell your pharmacist. Stay away from the drugs he IS prescribing. Your state of awareness, thanks be to God, has you confused and it is a profound thought that you are indeed a spirit person. P.S. God would play a guitar or a piano, possibly create an all new instrument, but the flute player has horns and has at least one guy fooled.

It is most difficult to participate in the modern medical scenario when you have beliefs as a KC person. The whole system is so material and physical based than any spiritual needs become in contrast to the assistance they can offer

Guest guest

I liked the reply given to the psychiatrist, but was wondering, whether do we 'understand' or 'feel' that we are souls, and not bodies? definitely not. Those who do (or did in the past) are (were) true saints. Our Dehabuddhi (body consciousness) is so strong that, moment we see a little scratch on our finger, we visit the doctor. So much in the name of 'soul consciousness'! I feel our sadhana (spiritual austerities) is too inadequate for us to feel our 'soul'. Once in a blue moon, a saint like Raman Maharshi is born, who without much Sadhana (in this birth, and at that point of time) felt, that, death comes to the body and not to the soul, which is eternal.(http://www.ramana-maharshi.org/).