IndiaDivine.org

Mormons Baptize Ghengis Khan, Hitler

Rate this topic

Gauracandra

This is pretty funny. The Mormons keep doing this. To them it is essential to their religion that everyone be baptized. But it is in many ways an invasion of privacy. Not that it matters anyways, since such rituals are meaningless.

Mormons Baptize Ghengis Khan, Hitler

SALT LAKE CITY - The Mormon church is again promising to stop posthumously baptizing Jews.

Leaders from both faiths say an agreement made seven years ago has apparently been broken.

At a meeting in New York City, the church reaffirmed its commitment to removing Holocaust victims and other deceased Jews from its International Genealogical

Index.

That's a list of about 600 million names Mormons use to perform ceremonies baptizing the dead into the faith. It's meant to offer salvation to the ancestors of Mormons, but many others are included.

An independent researcher says those baptized posthumously include Anne Frank, Genghis Khan, Joan of Arc, Adolf Hitler and Buddha.

The founder of the Simon Wiesenthal Center says the Mormons are not "the exclusive arbitrators of who is saved."

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

I do not write this to be bitter and defensive, but i really think that it is important to have a better understanding of a religion before you start to critizize it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

You do understand that baptism ("a little water") represents rising from the dead to be born again. You must have true faith in Jesus and want to be baptized.

I try and study religions more as I get older because I see how many are culturally based rather than mankind-based.

Christianity is the only one that I am aware of that is not particular to any one culture.

Yes baptism is a holy rite, no doubt. A very simple yet profound rite.

But what value is it to someone long gone from this Earth? Why not just baptize every name in the obituary column everyday?

I used to "Sri Vishnu" everything in sight. More than once I chanted Sri Vishnu Sri Vishnu Sri Vishnu at the local resevoir thinking I was spiritualizing all the cities water and so the whole city would drink prasadam water and be benefited. /images/graemlins/smile.gif No harm. I meant well. I also did this in supermarkets. I would visualize all the fruits and vegeatables and then silently chant Sri Vishnu three times. I figured why not? Who knows?

Om Tat Sat

Thanks alot

Sri Vishnu Sri Vishnu Sri Vishnu