IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

inspiration and initiation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Theist,are you thinking of being oficially initiated?Srila Prabhupada's books are so inspiring they have power to initiate!

Joy

Joy, I have absolutely no intention of seeking any offical intiation. I am long distanced from that scene for better or worse.

I am not against the idea for others however.

I do agree with your statement concerning Prabhupada's books.

SP says initiation is not the perfection. An initiated person shud have inspiration and then reach perfection.

putting in joy mukherjee's words, it shud be "Srila Prabhupada's books are so initiating that they have power to inspire and make us reach to perfection."

His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Regarding your question of an initiated person falling prey to the maya; ,the answer is that so long we are in this material world there is always chance of being spoiled by maya; ,so we must stick with vow to the lotus feet of Krishna.An initiated devotee is given the chance for becoming free from the entanglement of karma wheel.Initiated means beginning, not perfection. The spiritual master’s business is to guide him to the perfectional point. But if one does not strictly follow the guidance of a bonafide spiritual master his initiation does not bear any meaning.The initiation performance is an agreement by the disciples to abide by the order of the spiritual master.Therefore, if the spiritual master is bona fide and the disciple is serious to abide by his order,then the success is sure.If a disciple follows strictly the devotional way of life,he is no longer a karmi and all his activities, which may appear to be like ordinary work,or it may be activity according to scriptural injunction, are counted as devotional service. And devotional service in all circumstances is free from the actions and reactions of karma. I hope this will clear the matter.

what say theist ji?

-Prasad.

Guest guest

Haribol Prasad prabhuji.It's really good to see you posting here.I am just an ignorant fool so I donated my 2 cents worth but you kindly corrected my mistakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do not want to take initiation either.I am not perfect in anything,what to speak of regulative principles.I first met devotees few months ago in local hindu temple.They are like demigods.I did sensed subtle politics but that could be my mind fooling around.When I asked one devotee why Prbhupada's books are being changed he said there is no change.Words may have been changed but meaning remains the same.It is to help us undertsand better.I know I don't agree.Srila Prabhupada said don't change my words.

Joy