IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

religion in different modes

Rate this topic

Ananova:

Man sucks blood of 207 goats and wants more

A man has sucked the blood of 207 goats sacrificed at a Hindu temple.

Sisir Das, a practitioner of Hindu occult rituals, drank the goats' blood at the Kali temple in Bengal's Midnapore district over the past four days.

The United News of India says blood sucking runs in the sorcerer's family and that his thirst for blood "remains insatiable"

Mr Das told the paper that his father was directed by the goddess Kali to drink the blood of sacrificed animals.

He added; "But the number of sacrifices then was 40 in four days. I made a record by sucking the blood of 207 goats this year.

"I don't know what happens to me all these four days. I feel the goddess taking possession of my body."

Thousands of people have arrived from neighbouring areas to witness Mr Das drink the goats' blood.

Ramchandra Besra, a visitor from Ranchi, said: "It is a blood-curdling sight no doubt. But still we come here every year to get the blessings of the goddess."

This guy mentions that he "made a record." I've seen a couple of Indian people on TV who made the Guiness Book of World Records, or at least made it on "Ripley's Believe it or Not." I recall one guy who hadn't cut his fingernails in many years, and they were literally several feet long, all curled up. Although it was a hassle to deal with, he was quite proud of his accomplishment. I wonder if this blood-sucker is actually all that devoted to Kali, or whether he is just trying to make the news. Either way, it's pretty grotesque. And to think that I used to consider it pretty disgusting that some people liked to eat the worm that was inside a bottle of Tequila. This Kali worshipper takes the cake. I guess he made the news. But at a heavy price it seems.

When you dont know about krsna then other things become your goal, from sucking on goats blood to growing your nails.

Definatly not Satvagun

People need to chant Hare Krsna instead of some guy who thinks he has been possessed by Kali. Like she doesnt have anything better to do.

Guest guest

I thought these animals sacrifices were banned because there were no qualified brahmanas to rejeuvenate the life.

SB 3.29.8: Devotional service executed by a person who is envious, proud, violent and angry, and who is a separatist, is considered to be in the mode of darkness.

SB 3.29.9: The worship of Deities in the temple by a separatist, with a motive for material enjoyment, fame and opulence, is devotion in the mode of passion.

SB 3.29.10: When a devotee worships the Supreme Personality of Godhead and offers the results of his activities in order to free himself from the inebrieties of fruitive activities, his devotion is in the mode of goodness.