IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Indian Gameshow

Rate this topic

I hear there is a new Indian gameshow hosted by a famous Indian actress. Basically it follows the whole reality craze form of television. It follows two indian families as they arrange the marriage of their son and daughter. Anyone seen this? Seems kind of funny, I wonder if they have the groom do various obstacle courses or mental excercises to test his qualifications /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Its funny, I remember hearing a story about I "think" Srila Prabhupada's grandmother who was testing various boys who wanted to marry Srila Prabhupada's sister. I might be a bit off on this. But one of the questions she would ask is "Do you know how to ride a bike?" If the boy said no, he was automatically disqualified. The thinking being such a boy has no ambition. Any kid has the chance to hop on a bike a learn to ride. But a person who doesn't hop on the bike is too timid of a person. I thought it was funny, and it has a sort of interesting common sense to it.