IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Minority Report

Rate this topic

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

Just got back from seeing Minority Report and I give it a thumbs up. It was dark, funny, philosophical. I'd recommend it.

I heard that one premise of the film is a future in which everybody has an embedded chip, and a computer keeps track of where everyone is at all times. Is that true?

Eye scans with eye scanners just about everywhere.There are ways around them though.But I won't give it away.

Great film.

A lot of product placement ads though but they are so subtle about it you hardly notice.But that may be the danger of all this high tech wizardry.

Sorry, I walked out. I saw my favorite subject, MK Ultra, displayed by the Bourne Identity instead, which made me still like movies. Maybe it is because I cant stomack scientology advocates like Cruise and Travolta, but their movies just dont do it for me. I did kinda like his last one with penelope cruz, but I had no patience for the present one.

If anyone saw the coolness of "Run, Lola, Run", bourne identity is highlighted by the same actress, a totally serene and unpretentious lady, one who Ill see any movie she makes (unless she converts to scientology).

mad mahax

Originally posted by mahak:

If anyone saw the coolness of "Run, Lola, Run", bourne identity is highlighted by the same actress, a totally serene and unpretentious lady, one who Ill see any movie she makes.

I bought the "Run Lola Run" (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0130827) DVD (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=COL004014). It's much better in the original German with English subtitles than with the English dubbing. Watching it with commentary (in English) by Lola (Franka Potente) and the director (Tom Tykwer) is fascinating. Damodara das (ACBSP), a movie connoisseur, told me that it's the best movie of 1999. (That's when it was released in the USA.)

[This message has been edited by Pratyatosa Dasa (edited 07-02-2002).]