IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Beware of the God! Village Puts Faith in Deity

Rate this topic

Beware of the God! Village Puts Faith in Deity

MADRAS, India (Reuters) - Beware of the god!

Residents of a small village in southern India have so much faith in a local Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva Muniyappasamy that all 132 houses in the hamlet have no doors.

The villagers of Meetankulam, a coconut palm-fringed coastal village in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, say they have never heard of a single burglary being reported in their community, the New Indian Express newspaper reported Friday.

They also believe that any resident who tries to put up a door or a tiled roof to his palm thatch house will incur the deity's wrath.

The daily quoted a local elder as saying that a villager who started building a house using stone and with a door, about two decades ago, one morning found the unfinished construction had "mysteriously collapsed."

And the shrine itself, which is believed to be over 200 years old, has neither a door nor a proper roof.

I state unequivocally that this process has worked well for me forever. I used to park my car, windows open, keys in ignition, at Laniakea while surfing. Heavy theft area, but I was never hit. I have never had a home with a locking door, we use hook locks only to keep the baby humans inside when they want to run around in the snow naked.

Theft against one's person is a double edged karmic weapon. The thief will take not only your "goodies", but the black cloud of karmic reaction that has been there for many births. The victim of theft is freed from his debt, so to be such a victim is a medicine of sorts.

Im not kidding. I have a 1998 Nissan Altima outside this large Navy town library with open window and keys hanging in the ignition. (ill let yall know if its gone when I quit braggin.) I gotta nice collection of rastafarian music discs on the front seat. Last time I locked my car was in 1968, (1964 Buick Riviera) and I had to bust the window cause the keys were in the ignition.

Locking your house and car will not deter Yamaraja, nor will it prevent normal karmic reaction, so security of possessions is seen as not a big deal by this writer.

haribol, ys, mad mahax

Before I came into contact with the devotees, I used to feel a sense of relief if something got stolen from me, realizing that I had paid back some of my bad karma.

Now, if something gets stolen from me I get very upset, thinking that, "I'm such an idiot for allowing Krishna's things to get stolen so that they are no longer going to be used in His direct service."

Also, I've heard that Lord Chaitanya said, "It's a sin to steal, but it's not a sin to be stolen from."