Pratyatosa Dasa Posted March 29, 2002 Report Posted March 29, 2002 9) "Gandhi" DVD (1982) Winner of eight Academy Awards, "Gandhi" is an inspirational tale about one of the most unusual men in world history. As U.S. Secretary of State George C. Marshall said, "Mahatma Gandhi has become the spokesman for the conscience of all mankind. He was a man who made humility and simple truth more powerful than Empires." I believe that this film, due in no small part to Ben Kingsley’s great performance in the title role, succeeds brilliantly in capturing Marshall’s notion. ( http://homevideo.about.com/library/weekly/aatp101401.htm ) Quote
Tarun Posted April 9, 2002 Report Posted April 9, 2002 I believe that this film lost 50% of its impact by changing "Hey RAm!", Gandhiji's actual last words, to "Oh God!" "9 Hours to RAma" with Horst Buckhold is a much better film. Quote
Pratyatosa Dasa Posted April 14, 2002 Author Report Posted April 14, 2002 Originally posted by Tarun: "9 Hours to RAma" with Horst Buckhold is a much better film. http://imdb.com/ does not give "Nine Hours to Rama" as high a rating as Gandhi (6.9 vs. 7.9), but if I get a chance, I'll definitely take a look at the former. Quote
Tarun Posted April 15, 2002 Report Posted April 15, 2002 That Puerto Rican actor Jose Ferrar? plays Gandhiji's advisor. So much for Caribbean Counsel. Just a joke. I'm also part Caribe. Quote
Tarun Posted April 15, 2002 Report Posted April 15, 2002 If u want to find out what ENRON tried to do to India's Holy DhAmas, which is millions of times worse than Aurangzeb's knocking off top 3 stories of Govindaji, check out Arundhati Ray's or Roy's writing. She smarter than all those Boston BrahmaNas, Washington PaNDits & Sahajiya SannyAsis put together. So much for 64 ounces. KRSNa Consciousness is real, it's dynamic, not a stagnant block. I certainly agree with SP. But what is the use of 64 ounces if it's all manda-sumanda matayo? Still more dangerous! ALSO SP's words. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.