IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Saw Final Fantasy

Rate this topic

I would definitely recommend seeing this movie. I’ve seen some reviews that have criticized the movie as being just about “a big bad general wanting to use a gun”. To some extent that is true but sells the story short. Its really a new age sci-fi movie, and pretty good at that. The movie has a sense of spirituality to it dealing with such ideas as the spirit of the earth (Gaia), subtle bodies, the interconnectedness between the earth, living entities, and the connection between all life.

On that level its not bad. If that was all there was to the movie I would probably give it a C. But this movie takes animation to a new level. This film is unbelievably amazing to look at when you consider that it is entirely CGI. Everything is computer animated. When you look at the people, their movement is completely realistic. You can see veins in their foreheads, freckles, individual hairs etc…. and this runs for 2hrs. At the end there is a scene of an eagle flying in the air which is absolutely incredible when you consider its animated. If I didn’t know this film was entirely animated I would swear they just filmed a bird and put it in the movie. After seeing this film I’m sure Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, and Julia Roberts are quaking in their boots. Why pay these actors $20 million per film when you can just draw up the actors you want? This film is a break through in animation which needs to be seen to be believed.

Gauracandra