IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Language Translator

Rate this topic

A while back I was looking for a Russian language translating website, but most of them are not free to use. I did find one that translated Russian to English, but I wanted the other way around.

And the Russian to English translation was like 50% readable, the rest you just had to kind of nod your head as though you understood.

I believe Kailash (on these forums)may use a russian to english translation program because I noticed the "he (it)" occurs a lot. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, I would like to hear how are the spanish, italian, etc., translators.

I sometimes translate French to English professionally. The last time I did a job, I thought I would try to use a translation program to see if it would help me in any way. I thought that it may not be perfect, but all I will have to do is edit and that at least some of the dirty work will have been done.

It's hard to estimate if I gained any time at all. The odd sentence here and there was O.K. In most places, it was incomprehensible, much like Kailash's posts.

These programs seem as yet to be quite incapable of recognizing context. So they consistently mistranslate words with multiple meanings, which any human being with a modicum of context sensitivity would never confuse.

Jagat

I couldn't download the program. What's wrong?

English is my third language, as you noticed after reading my posts full of grammar and spelling mistakes.

BTW, talking about languages and translations, my Bengali friend, pointed out that you're not my dadas (if you're Prabhupada's disciples). You guys will be the younger brothers of my spiritual father and that in Bengali will make you my KAKA.

I do hope that you don't understand Spanish Posted Image

NO offense intended..........