IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

True Urban Legends

Rate this topic

The Leaping Lawyer — A lawyer demonstrating the safety of windows in a Toronto skyscraper deliberately crashed through a pane of glass and plunged to his death. Garry Hoy, 38, fell from the 24th floor of the Toronto Dominion Bank Tower in 1993 as horrified witnesses watched.

The Flying Lawn Chair — In 1982, Larry Walters of Los Angeles soared thousands of feet in the air on a lawn chair tethered to 45 weather balloons. He got so high, he disrupted air traffic and was eventually fined $4,000 by the Federal Aviation Administration. The 33-year-old Vietnam Veteran purchased the chair from Sears, hoping to fly it 300 miles from his home to the Mojave Desert.

What a Dord! — For five years, Webster's New International Dictionary mistakenly included an entry for "dord," a nonexistent word. In the mid 1930s, Dord could be found on page 771, nestled between Dorcopsis (a type of small kangaroo) and doré (golden in color), It was defined as "density."

I use to think viciscious was a/the word, not facetious.

I'd look through so many dictionaries, never able to find it.

It sounded like & meant something similar to vicious, right?

In this way I reasoned...