IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

A boon from Lord Brahma

Rate this topic

One day a man decided to go to the Himalayas and perform austerities wishing to gain a boon from Lord Brahma. After much time, Lord Brahma appeared before this man and asked him what he wanted. The man said he would like to ask him a few questions.

First he asked, “My dear Lord Brahma, you are so magnificent that everything must seem trivial to you. Please help me understand your greatness. For you, what is a thousand years like?”

Lord Brahma replied “A thousand years is like a second to me”.

The man then asked “My dear Lord Brahma, how do the vast oceans compare to you?”.

Lord Brahma replied “All of the oceans are not even a single drop of perspiration to me”.

The man pursued it further and asked “My dear Lord Brahma, then how does the whole earth compare to your greatness”.

Lord Brahma replied “The earth is simply like a glass marble for a child to me”.

“And what of the sun, with it brilliance, and heat” queried the man.

“The sun is simply like the flame of a match, easily extinguished should I please” was the reply from Lord Brahma.

Finally the man asked “Then what is a million dollars to you?”

And Lord Brahma said “A million dollars is like one penny to me.”

The man then jumped in and said “My dear Lord Brahma, oh truly magnificent creator, would you give me a penny?”

And Lord Brahma said “Sure, just give me a second”.