IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
JRdd

Hammi--Buddhist healing

Rate this topic

An artist acquaintance of mine became a Buddhist in the past couple of years. I had always known her as an extremely intuitive person, and was not surprised to find that she has taken up healing and seems to be successful at it. (This is irrelevant to the topic but a nice side note, and that is that she painted Radha and Krsna--she is a wonderful artist--and she said she once was going to open her home as a Krsna temple. So when she came to heal me, she was delighted at my temple room and all the paintings.)

So anyway this hammi is apparently an ancient and traditional art, and I would like to find out more about it. To summarize my experience very briefly, I got three healings three days in a row, over this recent full moon this week. For weeks I had been hurting so bad in a certain area (left rib cage and back) that I could not bear to sit at the computer or to sit, period, for more than a few minutes at a time. This pain diminished after one healing, and went away after the second one, creating a profound and positive increase in my ability to do various things, instead of just lying around.

Another problem is that, due to my illness, my belly looks as if I am pregnant all the time. I don't mind the de-aging factor of that Posted Image , but the swelling often makes it hard to have an appetite, and causes pain and regular queasiness and nausea, and I won't even go into the other chian reactions in the ecosystem of this body). When it is not that big (relatively speaking) I manage better, but more than a month ago I broke into a bag of potato chips, which I never do, and went nuts on them, and it immediately got worse. Anyway, after the third treatment, I woke up (yesterday) and the belly went down (to about only six moths pregnant) and also my nausea was gone and I felt like eating. It was a big triumph for me, and she was thrilled to hear it.

I think she is going to continue giving me treatments she returns from a weekend trip, and I'll keep anyone interested posted.

One thing that impressed me about this was her lack of motivation--no desire for payment, simple gratitude when I had a fruit salad offered and ready for her, and she was very modest about any part she played in the healing. I guess Buddhism in general is about compassion and service to humanity, and this healing art is how some Buddhists express it. But I don't know much about it yet.

When I was asking her about Buddhism she said the principles are similar to Christianity, with a sevice attitude and respect for all beings. At first when she said Christianity I thought she said Krsna, and when she didn't, I was reminded of how so many who consider themselves devotees do not act with even basic kindness or consideration, and the fact that she knew about Krsna consciousness and did not include it in her words, reminded me of the lack of example, over all. But Krsna consciousness includes everything. so service to humanity and respect for all creatures is there too. Guess there is a need for more Krsna consciousness.

ys, Jayaradhe

[This message has been edited by JRdd (edited 07-27-2002).]