IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tarun

Cabbage Habe Bolo Ulcer Amar

Rate this topic

Natural Health Tip of the Day

Monday March 11, 2002

Ulcers

Having first-hand experience with stomach ulcers, I can tell you two natural remedies that have worked for me in healing them. An ulcer is caused when the mucosal lining of the stomach has deteriorated, allowing digestive acids to eat away at underlying tissue. They are painful and can be very dangerous if left untreated. If you believe you have an ulcer, first thing to do is visit your doctor and have that confirmed.

If you choose to go with a natural remedy, cabbage juice has been researched for its quick healing of ulcers. Drinking one quart of cabbage juice per day can heal ulcers in five to ten days in many patients. Eating a lot of cabbage is also good for fending off a return of your ulcer, although the cabbage itself was not as useful in healing existing ulcers as the juice was. The other item that worked for me was licorice. Licorice soothes inflammation and stimulates the production of mucin, which coats the stomach. Deglycyrrhizinated licorice is what you should use, since regular licorice root can raise blood pressure. Take a 250-500 mg chewable tablet before meals and a few hours before bed.

- Carla Joy