IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
JRdd

Barium and CT scans

Rate this topic

I thought I would share my experience with barium in hopes of perhaps helping someone else avoid its use. Also this can be a little reminder to pay attention to any intuitions you may get about your own body.

Barium sulfate is the contrast agent that hospitals give you two bottles to drink before a CT scan. This enables them to get clear pictures of whatever inside part of your body they are interested in. In addition to ingesting all this heavy metal, they also shoot contrast agent through your body (through IV) while they are getting the scan.

Well yesterday I had to have such a scan, and the night before I just could not drink this stuff. I felt nauseated with each swallow, and every molecule of my body begged me not to take it. It would have triggered off a snowball cycle of reactions that would have wound me up in emergency like what happened two weeks ago. Whenever I have ignored such signals from my body, my reasons for wanting to shun a substance has proven to be wellfounded, as evidenced by how sick I inevitably get, in raction to the substance.

So I went to the hospital yesterday to at least do the other tests, thinking they would not scan me now. But all they said was I had to drink lots of water fifteen minutes before the scan, and that along with the IV should be enough for clear pictures. It was. So if anyone is wary of taking toxins ala Western medications into their bodies, I should think that in many cases, if getting scans, you could avoid ingesting this toxic substance.

Many toxic drugs accumulate in the body, particularly the liver and spleen, so it's good to avoid as much as you can.