IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Maitreya

Dental stuff

Rate this topic

The human mouth is a nasty repository of germs, bacteria and creepy things like that.We all know this and all through the day

we must deal with keeping them at bay.

Here is a great tip i picked up some time back from my dentist.

Add to a small container: a small amount[one days worth]of baking soda, a little salt and then a few drops of hydrogen peroxide, enough to make a paste to brush with.

Brush your gums as well as the teeth for four minutes, both inside and outside and any lingering infections will soon be gone.

After doing this for just a short time, I have noticed people now tend to wait until they hear what I have to say before walking off. Posted Image

MC

Originally posted by Maitreya:

Diluted drugstore type.It says recommended for gargle and mouthwash.It is 3%.

35%?What is that used for?Same?

Living Entity has been after me with Bronners to wash out my mouth for about a year now.But that is another thing.Where is she anyway?

Definitely not a gargle or mouthwash! It'll burn your skin immediately. Can be diluted and used to rinse/soak vegatables and fruits or internally as well. Also to clean kitchen surfaces, etc. Check your local health store for a long list of uses.

Material world ,danger everywhere.Gums bleed when you brush?Read this.I just came back from having a silver amalgam filling replaced to get rid of the mercury so this stuff is on my mind.

Gum Disease and Heart Attacks - Is There a Connection?

There is growing evidence that the presence of periodontal (gum) disease can be linked to the incidence of coronary heart disease.

Gums infected with periodontal disease are toxic reservoirs of disease-causing bacteria. The bacteria hide in pockets next to the teeth, where the gums have pulled away from the tooth surface. When gums are this infected, they frequently bleed.

Researchers at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis recently discovered that bleeding gums common in severe gum disease provide an open doorway for plaque bacteria to enter the bloodstream. This bacteria – Streptococcus sanguis – can cause blood clots which block arteries and trigger heart attacks.

"Severe periodontitis is the equivalent of about nine square inches of chronic wound around the teeth," said Dr. Mark Herzberg, director of the study. "It offers considerable opportunity over time for these bacteria to enter the blood."

In the study, researchers injected the plaque bacteria into rabbits’ veins, then monitored their hearts. Clots formed immediately, and within 30 minutes, the blood flow to the rabbits’ hearts was reduced, reported Herzberg.

Researchers caution that they don’t know whether these results can be reproduced in humans. Nevertheless, this emerging research strengthens the strong link between poor dental health and heart disease.

More heartache from gum disease…

Other studies have shown that plaque bacteria entering the bloodstream through infected gums might also cause a potentially fatal heart disease called infective endocarditis. This is a bacterial infection which causes the sac around the heart to become inflamed. Herzberg has shown that the S. sanguis plaque bacteria is one of the most frequent causes of endocarditis.

More than just speculation

In a study of 400 older men, researchers in Michigan found that those with severe gum disease were four and one-half times more likely to have coronary heart disease than those without gum disease.

The University of Michigan study, conducted by Dr. Walter Loesche, analyzed a sample of 400 men in long-term care at the Ann Arbor VA Medical Center. All men were over 60 years of age, and those whose gum disease correlated with heart disease had bleeding from nearly every tooth, and had 14 or fewer teeth remaining.

Findings from the same study also revealed a possible relationship between regular dental exams and a reduced risk of stroke. "Patients who saw a dentist at least once a year were four times less likely to have a history of (stroke)," Loesche said.

The lesson to be learned? Brush – floss – see your dentist regularly. Because we now know that good oral health can prevent more than just gum disease.

Sources: Dr. Walter Loesche, "The Link Between Systemic Conditions and Diseases and Oral Health," University of Michigan.

Dr. Eugene J. Whitaker, Temple University School of Dentistry.

The Academy of General Dentistry

The American Academy of Periodontology

The American Dental Association

American Academy of Neurology - 51st Annual Meeting in Toronto, Canada, April, 1999.

Last updated April 24, 2000

Originally posted by Maitreya:

The human mouth is a nasty repository of germs, bacteria and creepy things like that.We all know this and all through the day

we must deal with keeping them at bay.

Here is a great tip i picked up some time back from my dentist.

Add to a small container: a small amount[one days worth]of baking soda, a little salt and then a few drops of hydrogen peroxide, enough to make a paste to brush with.

Brush your gums as well as the teeth for four minutes, both inside and outside and any lingering infections will soon be gone.

After doing this for just a short time, I have noticed people now tend to wait until they hear what I have to say before walking off. Posted Image

MC

Do you mean diluted drugstore hydrogen peroxide or 35% healthfood store stuff?

Diluted drugstore type.It says recommended for gargle and mouthwash.It is 3%.

35%?What is that used for?Same?

Living Entity has been after me with Bronners to wash out my mouth for about a year now.But that is another thing.Where is she anyway?

Im gonna try that mixture next time. Now here is the recipe for Prabhupada's toothpowder:

equal parts of:

chalk (calcium carbonate)

sea salt

yellow mustard seeds, ground

a small chunk each of camphor and [oh no I cant think of the name of the other crystal that looks like camphor--does anyone know?)

and Oil of wintergreen

make a mound each of the first three ingredients, judging by sight the amounts, then mix them together with hands. This feels nice, kind of fun.

in the meantime the camphor and other crystal (when we find out what it is) are pushed together, and some action causes them to liquify together. Add that and a few drops of oil of winyergreen to the mound and mix well, with fingers.

Put it in a container, and sprinkle some on the toothbrush. One may also make it a paste by mixing a little vegetable glycerin with it.

This strengthens the gums and cleanses the teeth better than anything I have found, even ayurvedic commercial toothpastes like the ones with neem. Srila Prabhupada invented it.

I used to make it in England but do not know where you get ingredients like chalk. does anyone know?

Happy bright smiles to all!

ys, JR

Originally posted by JRdd:

I'm scared.

I can't wait to be in a real body.

It's definately strange how we adopt all this stuff around us and it takes all different temporary shapes as it moves thru time huh?

You can't fool us JayaRadhe we've seen your fearlessness.Conditioned soul, sure.

No I really am scared. Posted Image (note the teeth)

I think of it as a pneumatic drill in my head. And if I move...

Imagine putting your trust in someone you don't even know, letting them do al kinds of things inside your head. And we all do it, all the time. When I was a child, that and injections were the two main things that struck me the wierdest and most dreadful things about existing in this world. I couldn't understand why such brutalities were such a normal part of people's lives. My mom took us six kids every six months, right on time, for more than a decade, and we got our teeth practically drilled clean away. Such a gross culture, that carelessly feeds its own things that rot their teeth and cause them to undergo such torture as a result. Real intelligent.

No I really am scared. Posted Image (note the teeth)

They look like wabbits teef

I thought that was a grin! my eyes could'nt see the teeth chattering, sorry!

At least you still have some that's a plus, do you think we could pull off a lawsuit against Coca cola?

Imagine putting your trust in someone you don't even know, letting them do al kinds of things inside your head. And we all do it, all the time.

Do we ever, I've just been visiting an Indian GP recently to have some blood tests done, because I found out this Doc has a lot of Aurevedic background. At the expense of our Medicare system I get to talk some Hari Katha for an hour. But anyway he did reveal to me the clinic he works in, every doctor is stoned out of their intelligence everyday on prescription drugs. And they just don't have an answer to the river of suffering that flows thru their doors any more, nor do they care. Now that's reassuring.

If I have to resort to the dentist, I just sincerely request they use fully sterilised, if not new everything, and it stuns them because hardly anyone bothers to ask. It has to make you wonder what kinea' people can practice this profession. O.K. you have my hand on this one, it's scarewy.

You know talking about teeth on this Ekadashi fast, my whole body is throbing with aches, I agree, give us one of those eternal models.

I've found it helpful to hold the dentist's hand mirror up so I can watch what is happening during the drilling. I also request that she explain everything in detail before and during. These enable me to take a more objective view of my body. I rarely use anaesthetic since it has a strongly negative emotional effect on me, so she always has to be careful and also warn me before causing too much pain. I look on this body as a mechanical conveyance that requires regular maintenance inspections, etc. from professionals. The more I can understand technically, the easier it is to accept what is needed and co-operate. I do agree, however, that our position as isolated individuals stuck in deteriorating bodies amidst so many others in an everchanging world is `vewy vewy scawy`. Helps me to turn inside and work internally on the root of the problem. Chanting silently is a BIG help. Sometimes Maha-mantra, sometimes Radhe Radhe, and sometimes simply Jesus. We are never alone, prabhu, and like any child we have a right to feel secure in our parents' love. We shouldn't settle for anything less.

Haribol,

Took a break from the forums and just dropped in to see what has been going on - I am going try your salt, baking soda, peroxide mixture myself. Sounds like a good solution for the gums. If you are using this I think it is ok to forgo the Bronners! Posted Image

Where's my two dental buddies? It's like pulling teeth trying to get your attention. I have been using MC's formula since yesterday, when I felt some infaction coming on. I mean infraction. I was wondering, since baking soda loses its fizz within a very short time, and maybe hydrogen peroxide does too, is it not better to activate it (add the peroxide) only to each fresh brushing? Sorry to be so clinical, but we are these tubes, after all. And anyway I'm not the one who started this conversation.