IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
leyh

An Apparent Contradiction

Rate this topic

JRdd where are you? Please be cominge back. Are you not knowing I was just playing and jokings with you. Where gone?

Please come to be with us here. your sweet words are being for sure the messages from Lord.

If not, what hope for Lord?

Jay Radhe!

No problem, only that I am realising how foolish I am, so don't wish to inflict any of my silliness here and spoil a quite good thread. Srila Prabhupada said you can tell a fool when she opens her mouth, and I wouldn't want to flaunt it. People are not supposed to notice my lesser intelligence.

Thanks for the good wishes, though, I think it is good to love people even when they are foolish. And may everyone have the same good wishes come their way. I'll keep reading for now, and maybe Atma will come up with more gems, too. Posted Image

JR

Originally posted by ram:

Can you give me the source of 21/400 compilers of Vedas being women ? If that is so then all the modern concepts about vedic concept of women comes under question.

Sarvanukramanis.

Guest guest

Originally posted by karthik_v:

Sarvanukramanis.

You said that already. I am asking for details like how it is passed on, exact references, originals etc.

There is Brhat Sarvanukramani and Katyayana Sarvanukramani. As far as I can get info, these are like indexes to a book. What I want to know is how these are passed, what is the exact verse which says rishikas received Vedas, and where is the verse that allows shudras and women to recite vedas ? Why dont you move to Caste thread ? It is more relevant there.

[This message has been edited by ram (edited 06-19-2002).]

First of all sorry to have said that it was Atharva veda which states that shudras are eligible to listen to the vedas. I checked and it is actually Yajur veda. Yajur Veda X.X.V.2 says:

Yatemam vacam kalyanim, avadani janebhyah, brahma rajanyabhyam, Sudraya ca aryaya ca, svaya caranaya ca

Translation: Let everyone listen to these auspicious words, be they brahmins, kshatriyas, Sudras, people of noble birth, our own people or others..."

Originally posted by gHari:

From what I've seen on the internet over the years, intelligence is a hindrance to progress in our relationship with Krsna.

Oh, I feel much better now!

Posted Image

Originally posted by gHari:

From what I've seen on the internet over the years, intelligence is a hindrance to progress in our relationship with Krsna.

Yes.Misguided intelligence.