IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mahak

motives!!!

Rate this topic

Haribol. I was reading some of the commentary on the Bhagavad Gita controversy, and Im writing here out of respect in that I did not read everything on the topic.

My opinion is that the READER is responsible for questioning the motives of the writers. My favorite renditions of Ramayana and Mahabharata are largely criticized by my devotee peers for various reasons, but I reject these reasons because I have done the work of analyzing the motive of the author.

The author was a storyteller who presented an entertaining story as perhaps told by the ancients around the campfire. There was no motive to "religionize" me by this author, just an entertaining story, and I offer all respects to this author who made such a nice production that when used in conjunction with the teachings of the one I call Guru and who has accepted me as disciple, this story produced desirable results.

If a writer's motive is akin to most writers of today, to cause disturbance, to create discord, to cause controversy, these types should be rejected. It dont take long for a devotee to know that he is reading bogus material.

I cant stomack new agey stuff I have read that equates all religions as the same. In fact, I find all religions as the bane of mankind, therefore, any book that tries to make a religion, I reject*.

Tell me a story with the motive of giving a gift, Ill read, despite the content.

* except Vonnegurt's Cat's Cradle, which created the religion of Bokananism, which I am a firm advocate of. Hand me sommore of that Ice 9.

cheers and jeers, mad mahax

So you're a Vonnegut fan?

How did you like "Sirens of Titan"?

I found it to b exquisitely satirical.

[This message has been edited by Rati (edited 05-15-2002).]