IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
leyh

Pearls from the Prophet

Rate this topic

The following are some utterances attributed to Prophet Muhammad which I got from a book entitled Pearls from the Prophet published by The Muslims Convert’s Association of Singapore. Maybe they will reveal something about genuine Islam:

Do you love your Creator? Love your fellow being first.

God is not merciful to him who is not so with mankind.

The Messenger of Allah said, “Do you think this woman will cast her own child into the fire?” We said, “No.” Then the prophet said, “Verily God is more Compassionate to His creatures than this woman is to her own child.”

You will not enter Paradise until you have faith, and you will not complete your faith until you love one another.

Wish not for death, any one of you; neither the doer of good works, for some reason he may increase his good deeds nor the offender for perhaps he may obtain the mercy of God by repentance. Wish not, supplicate for death before its time comes; for verily when you die, hope is out and with it the ambition for reward; and verily the increase of a believer’s life increases his good works.

The best of alms is that which springs from the heart, and is uttered by the lips to soften the wounds of the injured.

The Messenger of Allah said: “Whom do you count to be a martyr among you?” they said, “O Messanger of Allah! Whoever is killed in the way of Allah is a martyr! He said: “In that case the martyrs of my community shall be very few. He who is killed in the way of Allah is a martyr; he who dies a natural death in the way of Allah is a martyr; he who dies of the plague (in the way of Allah) is a martyr; he who dies of cholera (in the way of Allah) is a martyr.”

A woman was found among the killed in one of the battles of the prophet. So the Messenger of Allah forbade the killing of women and children.

The best Muslim house is that in which an orphan is benefited; and the worse Muslim house is that in which an orphan is ill-treated.

God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, daughters and aunts.

One who strives for the widows and the poor is like one who fights in the way of Allah.

A Muslim must not hate his wife; and if he be displeased with one bad quality in her, then let him be pleased with another which is good.

Feed the hungry, visit the sick, and free the captive if he be unjustly confined. Assist any person oppressed, whether Muslim or non-Muslim.

Ali Shuraih relates that the Holy prophet said: “By Allah he is not a Believer; By Allah he is not a Believer; By Allah he is not a Believer.” It was asked: “O Prophet of Allah, who is he?” He replied: “The one whose neighbour is not at peace on account of him.”

Muhammad once said to Anas, “Son! If you are able, keep your heart, from morning till night and from night till morning, free from malice towards anyone.” Then he said, “O my son! This is one of my commandments and he who loves my commandments verily loves me.”

The most excellent Jihad (Holy war) is that for the conquest of self.

He is not strong and powerful who throws people down; but he is strong who withholds himself from anger.

[This message has been edited by leyh (edited 05-06-2002).]

Wish not for death, any one of you; neither the doer of good works, for some reason he may increase his good deeds nor the offender for perhaps he may obtain the mercy of God by repentance. Wish not, supplicate for death before its time comes; for verily when you die, hope is out and with it the ambition for reward; and verily the increase of a believer’s life increases his good works.

I don't think prophet Muhammad would have approved of suicide bombers...

Forgive me if the following may hurt your feelings, but when reading the statements above, a thought just ran though my head.

If the prophet quoted above is really such an angel of peace, why didn't he abstain even from the idea of speading his message by the means of violence? You will agree that loving one's neighbor and war go hardly together.

Just a thought ...

Originally posted by Sirona:

Forgive me if the following may hurt your feelings, but when reading the statements above, a thought just ran though my head.

If the prophet quoted above is really such an angel of peace, why didn't he abstain even from the idea of speading his message by the means of violence? You will agree that loving one's neighbor and war go hardly together.

Just a thought ...

Hi Sirona:

I'm not too familiar with Islamic history and thus I'm not sure as to why he went to war.Maybe it was for self-defence against "the bad guys" (whoever they are).I will have to do some research about it.