IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhaktavasya

reviewing mystical experiences

Rate this topic

In the mystical experiences section of this forum, there are a series of stories billed as 'actual experiences of one of our Sadhakas', beginning with 'Exposure to Tantra and the Lady from the Netherworld'. Although for the most part I found the stories to be very clever pieces of fiction writing, I found some of the references disturbing. I'm all for non-censorship but it's a puzzle to me how such references to Chaitanya (Chaitan) and Mohini passed by the editors without comment, but seemingly with approval. Has anyone else read these 'actual experiences'?

Originally posted by Bhaktavasya:

In the mystical experiences section of this forum, there are a series of stories billed as 'actual experiences of one of our Sadhakas', beginning with 'Exposure to Tantra and the Lady from the Netherworld'. Although for the most part I found the stories to be very clever pieces of fiction writing, I found some of the references disturbing. I'm all for non-censorship but it's a puzzle to me how such references to Chaitanya (Chaitan) and Mohini passed by the editors without comment, but seemingly with approval. Has anyone else read these 'actual experiences'?

These are not references to Chaitanya Mahaprabhu of Navadvipa Bhaktavasyajicoolio. Different traditions use the name Chaitanya. The Kriya Yogis refer to the "Kutashta Chaitanya" as a sort of awakened state.

The name "Chaitanya" is given to bramacharis of Shankaras Sringiri Math which of course dates back a long long time before the name was given to Nimai Pandit by Keshava Bharati. In fact tradition in the Advaita line is that after diksha one goes on pilgrimage to the Math associated with that name. In Mahaprabhus case it would a have been Sringiri Math, some say after he took diksha from Keshava Bharati he headed for Sringiri Math keeping with that tradition. Although his biographers have stressed his tour of south india as a whole instead.

Ok..?

Hope Your Well!

jijaji

No, not okay. As stated before, nice piece of fiction ('actual mystical experiences'?) but the following quotes bugged me,although they may not bother anyone else:

From 'Exposure to Tantra and the Lady from the Netherworld':

"Chatan is derived from the Sanskrit word chetana or consciousness. Whether there is a relationship between this name and the Arabic saitan or the Hebrus Satan is a question for etymologists."

From 'Secrets of Left-hand tantra'

"You saw Mohini, demoness of the underworld. Had you known you could have entered a pact with her for the next cycle of Jupiter (12 years). You promise to satisfy her lust once a month and she will do your bidding in return- protect your property and destroy your enemies, whatever."

All the female characterizations is these 'stories' are either horribly demoniac or virgin bimbos. Again, as fiction, fill your boots. But to be passed off a genuine mystical experiences, while sneaking in the comparisons to Satan with Chaitan(ya) and demoness with Mohini just doesn't sit right with me. But that's just my opinion, which I'm entitled to, right?

Oh, I'm well thankyou very much.