IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kishan

Original picture of Lord Venkateshwara at Tirumala

Rate this topic

Excuse my ignorance, but is this THE original deity of Balaji? Also, don't many temples prohibit photographs of the deities? What is the reasoning behind this? I'm guessing they don't want millions of people disturbing the Lord with their cameras.

Dear Gaurachandra Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances. I'm sorry for replying so late. I did not check the messages on this thread all these days. Yes, this is the original deity of Balaji in Tirumala. This is a self manifested deity. When the Lord wanted to go back to Vaikunta after his pastimes with Goddess Padmavati, Akasharaja, the father of Goddess Padmavati, requested the Lord that he could not bear the separation of the Lord. At this time, Lord Srinivasa told him that He would give the king a deity. He told the king, "This deity is myself".

Yes, you are right...many of the temples prohibit photographs of the deities. The main reason is that they do not want people to disturb the Lord with their cameras. There are also some other reasons..I'll do a bit research and let you know the reason within few days.

Jaya Sri Radhe !!!

Kishan; Please shed more light on the identity of the Akasharaja self-manifesting deity. The original Balji deity refers of course to Lord Balaram, Krishna' brother, who has appeared on earth in his original human-like form as Balaram (with white complexion) and Lord Nityananda (and now some are theologically speculating that as Jesus Christ). Odd that he would manifest a form like that before he departed, and this is interesting news (to me) that Revati, the eternal consort of Balaji, is also known as Padmavati and Balaram in that 'lila' is known as Lord Srinivas (as well as Akasharaja). Please reveal more!