IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
nine9

Swami's new Gita commentary sold out in ten days!

Rate this topic

Hari Bol Bhaktashab,

I think it best to ask Tripurari Maharaja himself what his position is regarding Iskcon. Back in the mid-eighties he was told that if he wished to maintain his relationship with Sridhara Maharaja he would have to leave Iskcon. He did so, although he remains a faithful disciple of Srila Prabhupada.

Regarding what Iskcon's position is with regards to him I really couldn't say. As you know Tripurari Maharaja was a member of Iskcon for many years and has many friends and associates who remain within the institution. There may be a formal 'Iskcon' position or not, I am not aware of it is there is one. I am associated with one of his god brothers who is a very well respected Iskcon member and he very much appreciates the efforts of Tripurari Maharaja to spread Krsna consciousness. He is reading from the new edition of Bhagavad-Gita and he has had very warm and enthusiastic things to say about it.

Sorry if this doesn't help or answer your questions in a satisfactory manner, but that is what I know about the questions asked.

Your servant,

Audarya lila dasa