IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
karthik_v

Has Jesus also stated...

Rate this topic

Hari Bol,

Earlier some devotees like Valaya prabhu and G Hari prabhu clarified my questions on the teachings of Jesus. I have one more:

Some devotees have stated that Jesus also hinted that there are many paths to realize the supreme father. Where in the Bible does he state that and what is the verse?

I read Valaya Prabhu's explanation on 'erkatai' (I am the only way...). Is there any other verse?

YHS,

Karthik

Somewhere in the gospel of Luke, his disciples come to him worried about the teachings of the competition. Jesus admonishes them, saying "those who are not against us are with us". Often, christians emphasize it the other way (those not with us are against us), and while both versions are in the new testament in different areas, only someone with ulterior motives would fail to mention both teachings.

Jesus basically tells his disciples what all bonafide acaryas tell their disciples, "Here I am, if the Father has mede it clear to you from within that I am valid, why not accept? Give up your quest, for My load is light, my path is soft, and I am going to your best possible destination, so give up your religious quest."

No guru who is valid would say that the guru supermarket is a good place to solve your inquisitive nature. Jesus would not tell one who has accepted Him that another can give the same deal. Srila Prabhupada would not tell his disciple that other godbrothers would be happy to give them Krsna, he takes this responsibility on himself, and knows that he is the link for his disciple, and any other teaching about the competitor would be rejection of a surrendered soul.

Jesus made the comment to his disciple to have them avoid sectarian feelings, as did Srila Prabhupada when he instilled caution in his disciple in regard to thinking ANY vaisnava is just an ordinary personality.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa