IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Angels

Rate this topic

"Angels transcend every religion, every philosophy, every creed. In fact angels have no religion as we know it...

their existence precedes every religious system that has ever existed on earth."

St. Thomas Aquinas

Growing up in a western culture, I have always found the idea of the angel as being very comforting. They are beautiful and elegant beings who watch over man and guide and protect.

I'm not exactly sure what St. Thomas Aquinas means in the above quote. I suppose all religions have higher beings.... If angels are material beings albeit on a higher plane, then they would correspond with our devas. But if they are purely spiritual beings, then they might correspond with the Visnuduttas. Or perhaps what are often described as angels are a mix in situations, of truly spiritual entities, and those who are material but on a higher level of material existence.

Also, does any one know of a heirarchy of angels? and how do angels fit into the various world religions. Mostly I see it in Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. We see angels gaurding the Garden of Eden, we have angels carved onto the ark of the covenant, angels lead Lott and his wife away from danger etc...

Gauracandra

guardian angels if only you knew is no other than the child your wife is trying to put to sleep. nanda maharaj`s guardian angels were krsna and balarama but the former could n`t imagine how these two little boys could protect him from harm, calamities, and miseries. that`s why to those who don`t believe finds it inconceivable to believe in the existence of angels which is no other than that baby they are now holding in their

arms. these angels already existed before you were born and when you were born, they were inside you until the approriate time they decided to be born through you. in other words angels are the spirits of our long departed great grandparents. its they, the pitrs who protect us from untimely death and this urge to commit a sin against morality and crimes against our fellowmen.

without our guardian angels to watch over us is like a life without the children around.

what a boring life would be if there are no angels to sing us this song, " twinkle twinkle little stars how i wonder what you

are up above the world so high like a diamond in the sky twinkle twinkle little stars how i wonder what you are."

[This message has been edited by mel9 (edited 11-18-2001).]