IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
valaya

Saranagati

Rate this topic

Dear Mr.D prabhu, I feel that your `dawning` rates a whole thread of it's own, so here 'tis along with my humble obeisances. valaya RR

From Mr. Dasanudas:

You know regarding the question of keeping up, something just dawned on me. We desperately try to hold on to strings of things mentally to catorgarize and file them according to our minds apathy and sympathy towards everything, Or rejection and acceptance, but I think when we really let go of this penchant the real experience and process of Saranagati begins and a great relief comes to the heart as it fills up with acceptance for all, and I mean all in the struggle to realize the presence of God everywhere. And it even transcends tolerance as it becomes affection for the common struggle, from the little ant tryin' to cart a crumb home to his family to an acharya trying to compassionately share the load of his disciples. It seems to be a ploy of the Lord in the heart. From that state we seem to have to figure our priorities on who, where and what to focus this substance they call love on, although it wishes to give itself to every part of the environment, still there are some points that are more reciprocal than others, where this substance is concentrated in abundance.

This is a very healthy and humbling experience. I'm not sure if this is just speculation but I can relate to this statement 'I can't keep up,' quite often especially of late when there's so much to take in. It actually brings me to pray where can I best give what capacity I may have, so that it can be best utilized for the service of the whole. Often times the devotees are sparking new sentiments and realizations from their own truths, to this I'm sincerely indebted. As Srila Bhaktisiddanta declared to his disciples "Oh my saviours you are always helping me from great dangers, in giving me Krsna."