IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Uvaca 9

Rate this topic

From Srutakirti's upcoming book "Srila Prabhupada Uvaca" here is something that is amusing and meaningful.

This morning, while walking in Merit Park, downtown Oakland, we passed a small zoo with a large sign in front of it. It read: Children's Fairyland. Prabhupada read aloud "Children's Fairyland." Then pointing to the skyscrapers he added, "Adult's fairyland".

How ephemeral are our toys. Hmm, I was thinking about fairyland recently, and how my parents used to take us six kids there as a big treat, and the only thing that really stood out for me as memorable was these big red lollipops they had (they had grape too) that were like the real thing. I mean like real candy, not like the fake stuff of today Posted Image . But my main point is, that's how little effect that seemingly enchanting place had on me, over all. This whole thing, of the World Center, really does help people reprioritze, center their world more to God. I love how they are talking so much about God, spirituality now, just on the regular news. One pastor who they were trying to pin down for his opinion on Jerry Falwell's partly blaming abortionists, gays, etc for what happened, refused to go there, and instead said he would rather be positive, and talk about turning to God (or Jesus I think he said). And then he adamantly enthusiastically repeated a few times how church leaders are taking this opportunity to urge people to turn back to their churches or synogogues or temples [so they can build up on and retain the spirit they are feeling right now]. This is a wonderful pulling together of people, united under God. I hope the groups of devotees are doing something. Has anyone heard of any devotee activities during all this?

(edited for serious typo)

[This message has been edited by JRdd (edited 09-14-2001).]