IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
JRdd

Peace Painting Input Invited

Rate this topic

I am starting a Peace Painting today, and invite your inputs. It will be a collagey type thing I think, and so far someone has suggested a harinam party dancing through the rubble. I want to put lots of flowers. any other ideas, bring them here. I don't care who you are. (not making promises about agreeing to the subject matter though)

Jayaradhe

Make sure that the harinama party is filled with people of all colors, creeds, shapes, affiliations etc. (that is of course, if you are going to include the harinama idea)

I like the idea of flowers. Doves come to mind as they have always simbolized peace. Olive branches are another.

Chant and cry,

Your servant

Audarya lila dasa

Thanks, got it, wrote it down. Dove, I will have to look for a picture of an olive branch. Water yes! An inundation! That can be the main theme with the devotees chanting. And yes of course all creeds, I actually almost finished a painting like that of many from all over the world, following the procession. This will be a worldwide Jagannath type party. I think the dove will stand out large, as if it is closer to the viewer. I can kind of see it, wish I could paint it but let's see what we do together.

ys, Jayaradhe

Great inputs!

Another key, I think is not to make it all happy. In order to feel happy you need to feel sad. There should be light and dark aspects to the painting, with the light overtaking the darkness, pushing it back. Just something that occured to me.

Gauracandra

If this is going to be a collage you might also try taking some clippings from Newspapers (like headlines that show the tragedy, and the heroism of people etc....). This way it helps capture the immediate reaction of what happened. I'll keep brainstorming. Don't feel the need to use any of these, they are just off the top of my head.

Gauracandra

Came to give latest update on the peace project. The canvas is now all covered with colour and I am ready to paint on top of that too, where need be. So far what we have is a large rushing river-like wave starting small and top right and filling most of the bottom front of the painting. There are suggestions of people with arms raised dancing at the top of the wave, where the water is coming down clean. The background (we are thinking along the same lines, GC; yes, not to make it just happy but show the contrast) is painted dark, in patches of blues and reds. There are leaves starting over in the left upper corner. The dove isn't there yet. Now someone has asked me to put in Lord Chaitanya's mango tree. She says:

"That tree story reminds me of the way Prabhupada describes that the more the devotees distributed fruits from the storehouse of love of Godhead the more it was filled up, and also the stories of prasadam up to the neck..."

thanks, JR

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

Another key, I think is not to make it all happy. In order to feel happy you need to feel sad. There should be light and dark aspects to the painting, with the light overtaking the darkness, pushing it back. Just something that occured to me.

Gauracandra

Again thinking along the same lines, it is a painting but I thought of pasting in pictures but the headlines, yes, that's a good one. This could get very interesting! I will sketch it tomorrow and post it to give an idea of the payout, for more advice or changes, etc.

Peace, Jayaradhe

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

If this is going to be a collage you might also try taking some clippings from Newspapers (like headlines that show the tragedy, and the heroism of people etc....). This way it helps capture the immediate reaction of what happened. I'll keep brainstorming. Don't feel the need to use any of these, they are just off the top of my head.

Gauracandra

Originally posted by JRdd:

Again thinking along the same lines, it is a painting but I thought of pasting in pictures but the headlines, yes, that's a good one. This could get very interesting! I will sketch it tomorrow and post it to give an idea of the payout, for more advice or changes, etc.

Peace, Jayaradhe

Dear JRdd:

All the best with your painting!I hope you will produce a nice painting dedicated to peace and of course to the source of peace,Krsna Posted Image

"O son of Kunti, all that you do, all that you eat, all that you offer and give away, as well as all austerities that you may perform, should be done as an offering unto Me." (Bhagavad-gita 9.27)

Dear Jaya Radhe,

Please forgive me for not giving any input here, but I've been a little numb by the whole horror of it all, I'm truly dumbfounded and mesmerised by the density of consciousness behind this insane carnage.

I see there's a candle prayer vigil in the park somewhere. Are there devotees joining that congregation? I'm sure it would speak loud for Lord Chaitanya if some were there. Chanting gently Bhaktivinodes prayers of Love in separation.

Hare Krsna dasanudas, I too am stunned but just as I had to spend the evening making garlands when Srila Prabhupada left us, I felt compelled to put some of my feelings into this collage. Yes it is unfathomable, simply tragic. Which park? You mean Golden Gate? I can't make it the ten+plus hour trip. Even up here the churches are all holding prayer and meditation gatherings. My daughter and I did our own last night before Kanea. Since the world is opening their hearts to this horror, this is such a perfect time for the collective power of prayer to take place. Our intentions can avert war and spread love of God all over the panet.

aspiring to be of service,

Jayaradhe

Upon thinking of it I started to see like you are describing a lower world of darkness and ashes and some tormented souls as I'm sure all of 'em won't be headed for the same destination. The ruin pictures coming in on TV are rather graphic, very eerie and haunting.

Then I'd like to see another world of everfresh life coiling out of the ashes into something like those scenes of the various spirits floating in the movie'What Dreams may Come' all rejoicing and placid above the skyline.

Man what are those souls going thru? What a way to exit this world. As you know Kirtan is not limited by time and space, so anyone of us can chant towards that geography. But those that live there could certainly do some wonderful relief work for that troubled environment.

Guest guest

President Bush will be asking congress for a declaration of war against the Islamic Jihad movement in the next few days.

We will be in a full-scale war soon. No nukes, but Islam will be destroyed and America shall be victorious once again.

Originally posted by dasanudas:

Hari bol Maitreya, How ya battlin',

When's y' plane take off for the holy land?

I guess this has thrown a whole notha dimention into your travels.

Haribol dasanudas,

I have a ticket for Oct.1.I started to worry about it then a peace came over me.I figure if I get blown up on route to Vraja I'll just keep flying on in my astral body till I reach Radha-kund.

Bomb?I don't care for their stinkin' bombs. Posted Image

Nice to see you back on-line das.Maybe you'll keep me settled down for a while and my blood pressure can return to normal.

Originally posted by rand0M aXiS:

President Bush will be asking congress for a declaration of war against the Islamic Jihad movement in the next few days.

We will be in a full-scale war soon. No nukes, but Islam will be destroyed and America shall be victorious once again.

From what I can fathom of this disaster Prabhu is that they are like an incideous cancer in satelite cells all over the body. From what I've seen and heard they may have a far more extensive network of deception than anyone is aware of.

Unless you get the whole rot the others will just kama kazi in revenge, it's obvious they thrive and delight in Jihad. Be prepared for a lot more suicidal maddness, (if anyone can prepare for such a thing.) Still our guardians have been trying to prepare us for this for a long time now.

As far as Islam being wiped out I think that may be a little premature, wishful thinking BB.

Armegeddon int' good company.

Random...there is an ocean of difference between genuine Islam and the pseudo-Islamic fanaticism that terroists use to justify their cowardly attacks.

Originally posted by Maitreya:

Haribol dasanudas,

I have a ticket for Oct.1.I started to worry about it then a peace came over me.I figure if I get blown up on route to Vraja I'll just keep flying on in my astral body till I reach Radha-kund.

Bomb?I don't care for their stinkin' bombs. Posted Image

Nice to see you back on-line das.Maybe you'll keep me settled down for a while and my blood pressure can return to normal.

Good strategy, hope all goes to plan.

Peace be with you as the Essenes would say.

Better still as the rupanugas would say May Sri Sri Radha and Krshna be with you. And may you have a safe and happy journey. If they take your plane start an ecstatic kirtan.

Guest guest

Originally posted by leyh:

Random...there is an ocean of difference between genuine Islam and the pseudo-Islamic fanaticism that terroists use to justify their cowardly attacks.

Yes I know. I should clarify that remark with Islamic Jihad shall be destroyed, not the genuine followers of the prophet Mohammed. They woke a sleeping giant, and now will have to suffer the consequences.

As of this moment, a massive attack on Afghanistan's training camps is being planned with Russia AND NATO helping.

Lot of ragheads are gonna meet Allah real soon.

Yes I know. I should clarify that remark with Islamic Jihad shall be destroyed, not the genuine followers of the prophet Mohammed. They woke a sleeping giant, and now will have to suffer the consequences.

As of this moment, a massive attack on Afghanistan's training camps is being planned with Russia AND NATO helping.

Lot of ragheads are gonna meet Allah real soon.

I wonder what God would say to a terrorist when he/she leaves his/her body...The following is an imaginary conversation between God and terrorist.

Terrorist:I've served you faithfully and well,Lord.I have sacrificed my life for you.

God:Why?

Terrorist:So I can come to your heaven and enjoy forever!

God:There's where you got the equation wrong,son.Heaven is for selfless people.

Terrorist: But I've selflessly laid down my life...

God:So that you can enjoy eternal life?Isn't that being selfish?

Terrorist: (momentarily stumped)But...but...

God:But what?

Terrorist:I...have waged war on your enemies,Lord!I have wrecked destruction upon them!Doesn't that count for something?

God:No.

Terrorist: Why not??

God: Because I have no enemies.

Terrorist: But I was taught...

God: You were taught wrongly.

[This message has been edited by leyh (edited 09-13-2001).]