IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Srila Bhakti Vaibhava Puri Maharaj Site

Rate this topic

Srila Puri Maharaj has no interest in "collecting disciples", and the manifest paranoia of the ISKCON management refusing a warm welcome to this saint in our line, should not stop sincere devotees from taking this rare opportunity to meet a pure Vaishnava.

I found this in a article on VNN, which is about Puri Maharaj's world tour. The "no interest in collecting disciples" caught my eye. Very interesting, considering that he is a direct disciple of Bhakti Siddhanta. Perhaps this is why ISKCON did not extend a welcome to him, for such a concept of no_disciples is totally alien to their motto of collect_as_many_people_as_you_can.

Cheers

Originally posted by shvu:

I found this in a article on VNN, which is about Puri Maharaj's world tour. The "no interest in collecting disciples" caught my eye. Very interesting, considering that he is a direct disciple of Bhakti Siddhanta. Perhaps this is why ISKCON did not extend a welcome to him, for such a concept of no_disciples is totally alien to their motto of collect_as_many_people_as_you_can.

Cheers

Now shvu, you trying to get us going again? At least allow the wounded to stumble or be dragged from the battlefield for a well-deseverved respite of, say, a day or two! Later, prabhu...

------------------

amanpeter@hotmail.com

Now shvu, you trying to get us going again? At least allow the wounded to stumble or be dragged from the battlefield for a well-deseverved respite of, say, a day or two! Later, prabhu...

"collect as many people as possible" is not a new thing. It is done by most organizations in the world. What I found odd was here are 2 direct disciple of Bhakti Siddhanta, with different ideas. That was the point.

Cheers

Guest guest

prabhupada and maharaja are not collecting disciples.. they are giving shelter to fallen souls