IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Maitreya

Bhakta to bhakta-who are we to each other?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Originally posted by Maitreya:

Jagat, I more or less stopped going to and participating in school in the seventh grade.If you want to start nit picking on my grammer you will be kept very busy.

Good for you, MCji. Any more schooling and you woulda ended up like Jagat. Jagat is very proud of his scholastics. Too bad for him.

Who is pooping in their own backyard prabh? Can you be a little more specific? As your post came right after mine, I am feeling a little hurt by this remark, and wish I hadn't looked in here now.

JR

<h5 align=center> I meant to edit this article but because my I.S.P. was down, everyone got the chance to interpret it however wrongly.</h5><hr>

<font size=4 color=00CCCC>

Just to make my point perfectly clear here I want to confess the following story.

Once, I was travelling to the Laguna Beach Mandir and while staying outside in my RV, I got dressed and ready to go in for the mangal artika with my tri-danda in hand. Much to my intial shock and wonderment, the temple doors were locked shut at 4:35 a.m. because I could hear the aratika had already begun 5 minutes prior to my arrival.

Meanwhile, I had this uncontrollable need to "service" my body so I took the liberty to squat and poop right there underneath the sign on the front lawn thus unable to control myself any longer. ( I didn't have a porta-potty ). Besides, I beleived that I was showing special mercy to the devotees who were thus enjoying darshan and deserved to be chastised for forcing me to sit and wait outside until the temple to open up. ( It should've been openned 24 hrs/day imho ).

I think their excuse was that they were recieving too many complaints about the noise emminating from the loud kirtans so they decided to shut the doors to keep the noise in. So if you weren't right there on time or had no access through the pujari room then you were simply screwed like I was.<hr><font>

Actually the reason that "servicing" got my dander up is because the term is often used to mean sexual activity, as in "servicing one's wife."

Although your meaning was obvious, my vulgar understanding of your sentence made me look the word up in the dictionary. I was pleased to see that this meaning was not listed in either Websters or (the small) Oxford.

Now that Jagannath Das has clearly explained that it means fertilizing the temple flowers, it seems as though my uneasiness was not altogether misguided.

Curious, though, that you should take offense, since it was not you that used the word in the first place. If I corrected everyone's grammar and spelling, I wouldn't have much time for anything else. If I sometimes correct and repost someone else's badly spelt text, it is because I think it has valuable content and I would like to make it easier for others to read and enjoy.

I realize that no one is asking me to do it, and editing is often a thankless task, but I consider it a kind of service (not servicing).

Hey BB, I wouldn't want to put my ego in a weight contest with yours. I declare no contest. Your Idaho potato would squash my Quebec blueberry in a moment.<small><font color=#f7f7f7>

[This message has been edited by Jagat (edited 07-03-2001).]

Hey BB, I wouldn't want to put my ego in a weight contest with yours. I declare no contest. Your

Idaho potato would squash my Quebec blueberry in a moment.

Sure hope you gentlemen aren't bringing up `cajones` again...

<h4 align=center>Continuation of Confession</h4><hr> <font size=4 color=OOCCCC>

After the first year of travelling throughout Southwestern United States, in 1986 I returned to the San Francisco Mandir where I received initiation a year earlier from my siksa and dhiksa guru, Bhaktisvarupa Damodar Maharaja.

There were several HDG SP disciples all ready to pounce on me when I returned for having taken sannyasa from a picture of my gurudeva on the altar--<ul>according to them it was unethical to do so

be that any type of critisism stemming from either G.B.C. or even my own "envious" godbrothers.

So I just "do what I feel is right." Thus, all my godbrothers were instructed at that time to become grhastas in order to maintain a closeness of like-minded vaishnavas in a nice Krsna Consciousness atmosphere. I am just of the opinion that the sannyasa ashrama is the most notable profession and others should be awarded it.</font>

<h5 align=center>There are many points that can be derived from this statement most notable of which is....</h5><hr><font size=4 color=FFCCCC>One should <ul>NOT consider the material world as his/her ultimate "resting place" but rather only coming here to do his/her <ul>duty and to quickly get-out.

Nor, are the demigods desirous of coming down to earth for even this passing stool business. I would also like to add to the above statement concerning the sannyasa institution as being a noble cause, it TOO should be said of the <ul> BRAHMACHARYA ASHRAMAS

-jagannatha das brahmachari<hr></font>

[This message has been edited by jagannatha das brahmachar (edited 07-04-2001).]

Guest guest

Well, Jagat, at least I am not a control freak trying to teach the Melaites netiquette.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BTW, hows it working? chuckle chuckle

Is there something wrong with netiquette?

I have no control, so how can I be a control freak? That is for Jahnava and JNDas.

>Is it working?

Did you notice how nicely Pita Dasji made his paragraph breaks in his last post? It really warms the heart when you see the good you are doing for the world!

Guest guest

I am very happy for you Jagat! You have a new siysa, please treat him well.

Posted Image

Originally posted by rand0M aXiS:

Well, Jagat, at least I am not a control freak trying to teach the Melaites netiquette.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BTW, hows it working? chuckle chuckle

Perhaps you would if you could, but first you've got to have it yourself, eh prabhu? You can still provide techniquette, though. nyuck nyuck

------------------

No offense meant to anyone...

Guest guest

You obviously don't have either.

nyuck-nyuck-nyuck.

Are you a disciple of the three stooges? You sound like one. Posted Image

Thanks for the reassurance, Maitreya prabhuji. As usual you show sensitivity befitting a Vaisnava, forgive me for saying so. Everyone needs at least a little soothing balm of kindness once in a while.

Jagannath prabhu, please don't take offence, but I have been wondering about this for days and finally I just want to ask it:

Why would someone whocalls himself a brahmachari invite a woman to his place, as you invited Atma? If you were in the role of a sannyasi at one time, then took on the position once again of brahmacarya, well, considering the difficulties of renunciation as you presumably have experienced, it seems to me you would take extra precautions to preserve your avowed celibacy?

respectfully,

Jayaradhe dasi

Originally posted by JRdd:

Thanks for the reassurance, Maitreya prabhuji. As usual you show sensitivity befitting a Vaisnava, forgive me for saying so. Everyone needs at least a little soothing balm of kindness once in a while.

Jagannath prabhu, please don't take offence, but I have been wondering about this for days and finally I just want to ask it:

, it seems to me you would take extra precautions to preserve your avowed celibacy?

respectfully,

Jayaradhe dasi

<h4 align=center> Samaveda Bhakta Vrnda Ki jai~ ~ALL Glories to the Assembled Devotees~ ~</h4><hr>JR wrote:<font size=3><ul>

Why would someone who calls himself a brahmachari invite a woman to his place, as you invited Atma?

<font size=5 color=FF66CC>I'll try to respond to this question the best way that I can, which in all fairness I think is an excellent one

When Shrila Prabhupada spoke, I felt as though I had better heed attention and listen up to every word of the philosophy. He had spoken of the one thing that in India may even be taken for granted. The same philosophy which is commonly taught to the Indian families every single day, was also being made clear and precise to me everyday through his lectures. The one instruction that he gave us was dehino smin yatha dehe <ul> "I am NOT this body"<ul> considering the difficulties of renunciation as you presumably have experienced </font>

<font size=4 color=FF66CC>I didn't experience difficulties from any Indian Vaishnava families who welcomed me into their homes with openned-arms and treated me in a manner that I would've expected to be treated in ANY Iskcon center throughout the world. I think Atma would understand and thus she did thank me so I will just leave it at that. TY <hr>YS

- jagannatha das brahmachari </font> In Case You Would Like to Recognise Me at the Ratha-Yatra Festival~CLICK Here~

<marquee behavior=alternate>HARE KRSNA...</marquee><hr>

[This message has been edited by jagannatha das brahmachar (edited 07-07-2001).]