IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Ananga

A Warning to Slanderers

Rate this topic

It is shocking to see the level of enmity towards various Vaishnava groups in India by many on this forum. Just one recommendation on this matter: Even if one knows that Vaishnavas are behaving badly, the injunctions are there regarding not calling attention to the sinful acts of others (what to speak of Radha-Govinda bhaktas that are stumbling). What is going to be accomplished by this activity, other than reaping some bad reaction as a result?

Food for thought...

Discuss as you please. I probably will not be reading any more of the material here, as I do not want to be affected by the Vaishnava ninda.

??? This seems a little odd to me, just because I think the last several weeks in these forums have been very thoughtful and calm. And even before that these forums tended not to have the vitriol of others (though there was the occasional flare up) Anyways, either way, take care.

Gauracandra

From a theoretical perspective, one might consider it useful to point out the flaws of self-proclaimed gurus in order to protect the inocent public from being mislead. I'm not suggesting this, but it is an answer as to "What will be accomplished"? But maybe that question was rhetorical, especially considering the one who asked it says they probably won't read the replies.

The Lord and His devotee manifest for two basic reasons one is to defeat atheism the other is to establish Theism. In this jungle of illusions there are various souls who made the wrong choice to come here and play God but amongst them are some who have realized their mistake, and now wish to establish a loving relationship with the Lord in person, but there are still those who try to devert these changing souls back to their misconception or keep them there.

This tends to conflict with a devotee who is endeavouring to work on behalf of that one they have received Grace from, their conviction sometimes manifests in a number of ways that are seen sometimes hard as a thunderbolt and other times soft as a rose, depending on the opposing force.

There are so many subtle degrees of illusion even including thinking one is a devotee that has the Absolute Truth in their clutches, and this can cause some distasteful encounters.

For every thesis there can't but be an antithesis in this world of polarity. But for the synthesis of the Truth to manifest places like these forums exist.

We all agree it would be nice to see civil, sober and honorable exchanges in all transactions of the heart, and hopefully that's the way they will remain with your help.

Ananga are you sure you haven't had a little peek at the responses.

I fail to see much shocking Vaisnava slander on these forums. I just don't see what viewpoint you are coming from here, Ananga. I just logged back on these forums after some time (couple months about) and I am pleased to see the amount of new topics. There has been honest & steady debate going on regarding sadhu-sanga and diksa-initiation. Some parties may be a little more ecclestiacal, exuberant, and sectarian than the rest but that is completely normal in a tree large as the Gaudiya tree. I hope you don't leave and stay here and participate with us other good natured posters.

Thankyou dasanudas for that reply.

Cheers.