IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
dasanudas

Who is a vaisnava?

Rate this topic

Jesus said: "In our Fathers' Kingdom there are many mansions.."

edit:

Whoops. Forgot the word Kingdom first time.

One God many names.

[This message has been edited by Maitreya (edited 06-13-2001).]

------------

Those who worship the demigods will take birth among the demigods; those who worship the

ancestors go to the ancestors; those who worship ghosts and sprits will take birth among such

beings; and those who worship Me will live with Me.

BG 9.25

------------

This is right .

Actually it is like this ....

Every living entity is in some level of its own evolution and actual final destiny is only one for all . But according to past karma , the living being takes birth according to the laws of nature and this is added up with three modes of nature ( three gunas ) those are sathva ,raajas,and thamo guna .

in every step of evolution the living entity is actually trying to reach the ultimate reality .

So what krishna says is ,according to the three guna's ,the human will worship a perticular person or god . These different gods ( or godess ) are meant for different steps of evolution and their job is to help the human beign for moving from his present step of evolution to the next .

in simple terms , budha is destiny for budhists ,and allah is destiny for a muslim and so on ... and they definitely reach thier perticular deity after death ,and they help them to push jeeva to the next evolution .

So it is simply an ignorance if we compare different riligion and different forms of god .

[This message has been edited by s_dilipk (edited 06-13-2001).]

<QUOTE>There is no difference between Allah and Krishna. They are the same person known by two different names.</QUOTE>

I liked this. This way of thinking is a must to stop so much vendetta going on in the name of religion.

While it is true Allah and Krsna may well be one and the same person as is Lord Rama and Yarweh. but still we will find oceans of difference in their various potencies. This is the all accomodating understanding of a vaisnava yet unfortunately we rarely find it in many Muslems and many Christians.

Below are the qualities of a vaisnava if only we could exibhit such ornaments of the soul for others:

sei saba guna haya vaisnava-laksana

saba kahana yaya, kari' dig-darasana.

krpalu, akrtadroha, satyasara, sama

nirdosa, vadanya, mrdu, suci, aki-cana.

sarvopakaraka, santa, krsnaika-sarana

akama, niriha, sthira, vijita sad-guna

mitabhuk, apramatta, manada, amani

gambhira, karuna, maitra, kavi, daksa, mauni.

All these transcendental qualities are the characteristics of pure Vaisnavas, and they cannot be fully explained, but I shall try to point out some of the important qualities. Devotees are always merciful, humble, truthful, equal to all, faultless, magnanimous, mild and clean. They are without material possessions, and they perform welfare work for everyone. They are peaceful, surrendered to Krsna, and desireless. They are indifferent to material acquisitions and are fixed in devotional service. They completely control the six bad qualities: lust, anger, greed, pride, illusion, and envy. They eat only as much as required, and are sober. They are respectful, grave, compassionate, and without false prestige. They are friendly, poetic, expert, and are silent: that is, they do not speak whimsically. (Caitanya-Caritamrta Madhya 22.74-76)

Those who worship the demigods will take birth among the demigods; those who worship the ancestors go to the ancestors; those who worship ghosts and sprits will take birth among such beings; and those who worship Me will live with Me.

BG 9.25

All of which are considered impermanent (save the last option). Worshipping other entities is for certain results as prescribed. One attains results proportional to the scale of worship and these results are temporal, subject to the law of Karma.

This does not include other religions for all religions consider their respective final abode as a permanent one. This being the case, either one or none of the christian heaven, Vaikunta, Kailasa, etc are true. The above verse cannot be interpreted to mean that all these places can be permanent final abodes.

The Lord provides what we desire, so perhaps they all are correct.

Doesn't apply to this case as seen above.

Cheers

Guest guest

Originally posted by animesh:

Sorry, I did not make clear what I wanted to say. Even those who consider Vishnu as an expansion of Krishna consider that one is an incarnation of the other, whatever be the order. But Buddhists do not assume any relation between Visnu Buddha.

Sorry for the delay, prabhu. The post got lost in the shuffle.

There is a difference between incarntion of Visnu Buddha and Sakhya Singha Buddha. Two different personalities. I learned about it from nitya-lila pravistha Bhakti Prajnan Kesava Gosvami Maharaja's book, Vaisnava Vijaya. The book defeats mayavada by first telling its complete history. Next week when I return home I'll post the relevant section for your perusal.

[This message has been edited by rand0M aXiS (edited 06-14-2001).]