IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Conflict of interest...

Rate this topic

Originally posted by dasanudas:

This is a god point prabhu I 3rd the response.

I was wondering if anyone might know the story of Syamananda prabhu. I vaguely remember hearing Srila Sridhara Maharaj talking once about him being promoted from one rasa to madhura rasa owing to his enthusiastic service mood. Srimati Radharani directly intervened and converted him to Her service. But I can't find the tape anywhere.

The reason I ask is that this statement talking about Uddhava made me wonder if such souls seeing the devotion of the Vraja gopis are drawn to want to serve in such capacity.

Of course they are all complimenting that divine setting in some way as Mahaksa expressing so nicely over on Darma mela but it's a curious point.Any input on this, or should it be thrown to the acharyas?

Gaura hari bol

`Thrown to the acharyas`! That's a good one, prabhu! Have you got a few locked up out back then, mate? As for the personal intervention of Srimati Raharani Herself--WOW! Hip Hip Hooray! Radhe Radhe! Please tell me more.

------------------

Radhe Radhe ALWAYS Radhe!

Originally posted by amanpeter:

`Thrown to the acharyas`! That's a good one, prabhu! Have you got a few locked up out back then, mate? As for the personal intervention of Srimati Raharani Herself--WOW! Hip Hip Hooray! Radhe Radhe! Please tell me more.

I'm actually trying to get more on it myself but if no one has any info.

I thought I might have to humbly aproach the bona-fide spiritual master and enquire from them the TRUTH of the matter. How's that sound.

No I'm not in the habit of locking up Acharyas. Sounds like a dangerous activity.

Just kiddin', Mr. D! Got a little giddy when you mentioned Sri Radha personally intervening like that. I do believe, though, you may just have the entire parampara firmly bound in your heart of hearts...

------------------

Radhe Radhe ALWAYS Radhe!

Guest guest

Uddhava went to Vrndavan, where he realized the glories of the gopis.He had previously thought, "I am superior to all other devotees."But when he came to Vrndavana he understood that,"Krishna has sent me to learn somthing in this prema school,the devotional school of the gopis.( Narayana Maharaja Pinnacle of Devotion pg.106)

We are very glad to see that in this case Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja could save your acarya's honor and you recognize this. He is trying his best, be sure about that. Even in some very difficult points such as indirect diksas given by the acarya through cassettes, letters, and so on, even in the case of brahma-gayatri for ladies, and countless other dubious situations Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja always try to defend your Gurudeva's honor in spite of all hardships and criticism that he may face while doing that.

dasa dasanudasa

Satyaraja dasa

Originally posted by Satyaraja dasa:

Uddhava went to Vrndavan, where he realized the glories of the gopis.He had previously thought, "I am superior to all other devotees."But when he came to Vrndavana he understood that,"Krishna has sent me to learn somthing in this prema school,the devotional school of the gopis.( Narayana Maharaja Pinnacle of Devotion pg.106)

We are very glad to see that in this case Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja could save your acarya's honor and you recognize this. He is trying his best, be sure about that. Even in some very difficult points such as indirect diksas given by the acarya through cassettes, letters, and so on, even in the case of brahma-gayatri for ladies, and countless other dubious situations Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja always try to defend your Gurudeva's honor in spite of all hardships and criticism that he may face while doing that.

dasa dasanudasa

Satyaraja dasa

AC Bhaktivedanta does not to have his honor saved by anyone professor.Nor will I fall into the trap you knowingly or unknowingly set by insulting Narayana Maharaja in return.You will have to live in the hole you dug all by yourself.

I offered the quote to show you from your own guru's words where you were wrong.And possibly to save you from the foaming of your own mouth.I see that is not possible by my feeble efforts.

Someday you may even come to understand that it is the soul that is initiated and not any particular gender related to the gross form.And that an empowered soul is acting under Krishna's direct instruction according to time place and circumstance.

MC

Guest guest

AC Bhaktivedanta does not to have his honor saved by anyone

We known it very well, we are seeing how his disciples are leading his movement and following his teachings everywhere. That's why Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja is coming to West and travelling all over practically during all the year. Only to save Srila A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Goswami honor.

[This message has been edited by Satyaraja dasa (edited 05-31-2001).]

It looks like Narayana maharaja has saved Prabhupada from Satya's criticism. But being a disciple of Narayana Maharaja, I would have thought Satya should have first read what his own guru said before insulting Prabhupada. Then there would have been no need for Narayana Maharaja to correct his wayward disciple.

Guest guest

" ...Similarly, Uddhava advised the gopis that they could be saved from the fire of separation by closing their eyes and meditating on the activities of Krsna from the very beginning of their association with Him. From the outside, the gopis could visualize all the pastimes of Krsna by hearing the descriptions of Uddhava, and from within they could remember those pastimes. From the instructions of Uddhava, the gopis could understand that Krsna was not separate from them. As they were constantly thinking of Krsna, Krsna was also thinking of them constantly at Mathura.

"Uddhava's messages and instructions saved the gopis from immediate death, and the gopis acknowledged the benediction from Uddhava. Uddhava practically acted as the preceptor spiritual master of the gopis, and they in return worshiped him as they would worship Krsna. It is recommended in authoritative scriptures that the spiritual master be worshiped on the level of the Supreme Personality of Godhead because of being His very confidential servitor, and it is accepted by great authorities that the spiritual master is the external manifestation of Krsna. The gopis were relieved from their transcendental burning condition by realizing that Krsna was with them. Internally, they remembered His association within their hearts, and externally Uddhava helped them appreciate Krsna by conclusive instructions."

This is the text fond in "Krsna book." Most of people who aren't actually friendly towards Srila A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Goswami use to argue that this text is against the Gaudiya-vaisnava tattva and siddhanta. They state that your Gurudeva is preaching that Uddhava is the guru of gopis.

Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja kindly has offered a conciliatory siddhanta to that text that is accepted in our sampradaya, and he is explaining why Srila A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Goswami has preached in that way, defending his honor.

Guest guest

It looks like Narayana maharaja has saved Prabhupada from Satya's criticism. But being a disciple of Narayana Maharaja, I would have thought Satya should have first read what his own guru said before insulting Prabhupada.

Dear Jndas;

Before this discussion goes to far, we would to like to offer your camp some considerations:

1. Srila A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Goswami is to be considered by us as a siksa guru in a long succession of other siksa-gurus. We did not have his personal association and therefore we need proper direction to correct understand many of his writings according the Gaudiya-vaisnava tattva and siddhanta.

2. The Sanskrit word 'ninda' has two different meanings: critique and criticism. Critique is something constructive and edifying, there is nothing wrong with it. Criticism is pernicious and it is the cause of aparadha.

According our acaryas, criticism occurs when fear (bhaya) and envy (asrya) are present. One is fearing the Vaisnava is now coming to make so many followers because he is more advanced, and is envying his upper condition. Then he begins to slander the Vaisnava by inventing so many stories on his character, behavior, and so on.

3. For certain Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja is saving us from the ninda that causes aparadha, and he is also teaching us that no one should be a blind follower, accepting everything mute without questioning.

4. If you consider our critiques as an insult this is only a symptom of a fanatic approach of your own Gurudeva's teachings.

>1. Srila A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Goswami is to be considered by us as a siksa guru in a long succession of other siksa-gurus. We did not have his personal association and therefore we need proper direction to correct understand many of his writings according the Gaudiya-vaisnava tattva and siddhanta.

What it means Swami Goswami? Prabhupada the follower has established to itself other reference(manipulation). Prabhupada it acariya, instead siksa-gurus of among others siksa-gurus, this belittling.Yours gugu it instead siksa-gurus of among others siksa-gurus, Mine ãóðó it instead siksa-gurus of among others siksa-gurus, bat not Prabhupada. Can write AC Bhactivedanta Svami PRABHUPAD, What in it wrong? Bhactisidhanta Sarasvati PRABHUPAD. Bhactisidhanta Sarasvati guru, AC Bhactivedanta Svami diciple, dicsa diciple, The god is not mistaken, who whose diciple.

I have personal association with His(its) diciples, mine guru and Prabhupada has given the clear instructions(indications), and in it is " we need proper direction to correct understand many of his writings according the Gaudiya-vaisnava tattva and siddhanta. "Nobody requires.

I do not want to specify lacks others, would result to you of the citations. What to give " proper direction to correct understand many of his writings according the Gaudiya-vaisnava tattva and siddhanta. " It would be necessary to be at the appropriate level. "Mistakes" Prabhupada it is simple nonsense of the diciples, instead of His(its) mistake. At you it seems too is not present " We did not have his personal association " with Bhaktisidhanta Sarasvati, whether it is necessary to you as to receive a management(manual)?

In the majority of organizations in general there is no sermon, it not the sermon, it nothing changes, it is simple conversations. It is not present changes life of the people not externally internally.

The next useless religion. In ÈÑÊÊÎÍ there are a lot of reactions because it(he) first, and consequently that it really works, therefore it results in an aggravation.

The formal religion that does not change also to nobody prevents. Who searches for the diciples? Who is engaged in policy(politics)?Who is engaged constantly in insults? Whether is at you Refuge? At you it(him) is not present, I therefore can not anything to you and tell and last will lose. I hear from your people same, one and too, here, in Russia, one and too, look, you need a management(manual)? ÈÑÊÊÎÍ this joint management, spiritual, not administration, that you can know about ÈÑÊÊÎÍ, the dust everywhere floats, you it(him) have less, that for nonsenses, look for deviations(rejection) especially apa in the other place, in ÈÑÊÊÎÍ them are not present, but in the other place they just are. Think better what further that will do(make)? You try to bring down ÈÑÊÊÎÍ with The doctrines Prabhupada, mine guru is alive, I am alive and Prabhupada is present, what problems. Guru Is not distinct from doctrines , it is clear also to child. The personal presence is unessential, spiritual life it not purchase in shop. Most ridiculous that those who falls below everything, always consider(count) itself at top. It is a phenomenon of the material world. Prabhupada for the beginning has resulted all raganug here, has given them a few followers, and gradually all of you learn(find out), that such spiritual life, sermon and fidelity.

Moreover not all for the beginning is necessary is to learned(found out) that by(with) such humility, who that will learn(teach) you to this. Try for the beginning to protect itself, " the defence counsels Prabhupada ".

" That the people " will tell what to us business up to Madhvacariya here so much people go and preach by him(it), the people Madhvacariya already devoted. let all others will stay in own dust, how many they would prove that devoted the reason of all problems anything from this will leave, because it not so.

At you same GM as well as all others, anything she(it) is not better than others. YOURS And NOT BEST! Whether you can bear(take out) it? You the good man and good devoted, I are lower than you much more, but I can not listen to all this nonsense quietly. Yours parampara too has got confused in actions and their consequences. In ÈÑÊÊÎÍ there are problems, but do not think that you should them decide(solve).

4. If you consider our critiques as an insult this is only a symptom of a fanatic approach of your own Gurudeva's teachings.

It just would have been nice if you knew what your guru said regarding the topic before criticising it.

Nothing wrong with criticising. But generally there is an etiquette that one does not criticize their gurus based on one's imperfect vision. Otherwise later one will find out they where mistaken in their criticism.

Considering the context of the conversation Satyaraja, I don't accept your now morphed position that you weren't being insulting.

Now we are the fanatics?This is a very old pattern.

Guest guest

Nothing wrong with criticising. But generally there is an etiquette that one does not criticize their gurus based on one's imperfect vision.

Act is better than precept. First consider what you said about my Paramgurudeva's book on Mayavada. While criticizing the guru of your guru would you expect that someone else shall respect your own guru?

Guest guest

It just would have been nice if you knew what your guru said regarding the topic before criticising it.

We knew it very well, be sure. And we also known how to defend your own gurudeva's statements when they are placed in a controversial situation according the Gaudiya-vaisnava tattva and siddhanta. You seem do not known as well as we do. You need to quote Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja's defense. This is simply ridiculous for supposedly learned people like you!!!

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

Hi Leyh,

I won't argue your point that there are meat-eaters that are really nice people, and vegetarians that are jerks. However, I do want to clear up the myth that Hitler was a vegetarian. This is what is called an 'Urban Legend' kind of like the Kentucky Fried Rat, or the story of the Kid who died after eating Pop Rocks and drinking Coke at the same time. Hitler was not vegetarian. Its easy enough to search the web for information against this myth. Here is just the first one that I found that I figured I'd post for all:

Hope this clears it up. Take care.

Gauracandra

Dear Gauracandra:

Thank you very much for the information. It has been very enlightening.

Gaurachandra, it was good to find out that Adolph was not a veggie.Now when people say Hitler was a veggie and he wasn't peaceful I don't have to rely on the line, "yeah but just think if he was a meateatter what he would have done." It was just never very convincing.