IndiaDivine.org

Srimati Tulasi Devi

Rate this topic

Sri Tulasi Pranama

vrndayai tulasi-devyai

priyayai kesavasya ca

krsna-bhakti-prade devi

satyvatyai namo namah

I offer my repeated obeisances unto Vrnda, Srimati Tulasi Devi, who is very dear to Lord Kesava. O goddess, you bestow devotional service to Lord Krsna and possess the highest truth.

Sri Tulasi-kirtana

namo namah tulasi krsna-preyasi

radha-krsna seva pabo ei abhilasi

je tomara sarana loy, tara vancha purna hoy

krpa kori’ koro tare brndabana-basi

mor ei abhilas, bilas kunje dio vas

nayane heribo sada jugala-rupa-rasi

ei nivedana dharo, sakhir anugata koro

seva-adhikara diye koro nija dasi

dina krsna-dase koy, ei jena mora hoy

sri-radha-govinda-preme sada jena bhasi

O Tulasi, beloved of Krsna, I bow before you again and again. My desire is to obtain the service of Sri Sri Radha and Krsna.

Whoever takes shelter of you has his wishes fulfilled. Bestowing your mercy on him, you make him a resident of Vrndavana.

My desire is that you will also grant me a residence in the pleasure groves of Sri Vrndavana-dhama. Thus, within my vision I will always behold the beautiful pastimes of Radha and Krsna.

I beg you to make me a follower of the cowherd damsels of Vraja. Please give me the privilege of devotional service and make me your own maidservant.

This very fallen and lowly servant of Krsna prays, “May I always swim in the love of Sri Radha and Govinda.”

Sri Tulasi Pradaksina Mantra

yani kani ca papani

brahma-hatyadikani ca

tani tani pranasyanti

pradaksinah pade pade

By circumambulation of Srimati Tulasi Devi all the sins that one may have committed are destroyed at every step, even the sin of killing a brahmana.

I was curious if anyone could give me insight as to how (if at all) Srimati Tulasi Devi is perceived by other Sampradayas. For instance, I know not all Sampradayas have their japa-mala made from the Tulasi plant. And if they worship her, in what ways is the worship different and in what ways is it similar.

Gauracandra

Guest guest

>> For instance, I know not all Sampradayas have their japa-mala made from the Tulasi plant. And if they worship her, in what ways is the worship different and in what ways is it similar.

Not all Vaisnava-sampradayas follows the same process of sadhana that we (Gaudyia) follow.

Asvattha, tulasi, dhatri, go, brahmana, vaisnava-samamanam - to offer respects to Asvattha tree, Tulasi, the Amalaki tree, the cows, brahmanas, and vaisnavas is the 10th limb of the sixty-four-fold process of vaidhi-bhakti as prescribed in our sampradaya by Sri Rupa Goswami (Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu).

However, in some Vaisnava-sampradayas, such as Sri Vallabha-sampradaya, there is no prescription of any limb of vaidhi-bhakti. Therefore, such regulated worshiping of tulasi is not followed by them, as well as all other limbs of vaidhi-bhakti such as the vow of ekadasi, adopting the outward signs of a Vaisnava (vaisnava-chna-dharanam), puja or arcana, and so on. There is no prescription of chanting harinama in japa malas, and the process of meditation (bhajana-pranali) is instructed in a different way.

But, in a general way, Vaisnavas-sampradayas who admit vaidhi-bhakti and follow smrti sastras such as Padma Purana, Visnu Purana, and so on, they all have tulasi mantras and worship of tulasi as a regulative process of bhakti. It can be found in Sri-sampradaya, Gaudiyas and Madhvas, but not in others.

dasa dasanudasa

Satyaraja dasa