Sign in to follow this  
a_kaul

Meditation

Rate this topic

I am more curious to know about the

meditation with respect to placing a candle

and concentrating on the flame .

can you help me know something more about it

and whether one must have achieved some eligibility before practicing this form of meditation.

Thanks & regards

Ajay

Hi Ajay,

Such forms of meditation will only result in straining your eyes. The basic question to ask here is,

Why do you want to meditate?

What do you hope to get out of it?

Cheers

Hi Ajay,

a. Meditation is good, only when focused at the Jasmine feet of Lord Rama, or else it is useless.

b. Meditation is good, only when focused at the Lotus feet of Lord Krishna, or else it is useless.

c. Meditation is good, only when focused at the merciful feet of Lord Allah, or else it is useless.

d. Meditation is good, only when focused at the loving feet of Jesus Christ, or else it is useless.

e. Meditation is good, only when focused at the feet of Lord Shiva, or else it is useless.

We have 5 choices here. Which one will you go for?

Cheers

It seems that shvu is giving good answers to your question.

What are you looking for?

Material or spiritual benefits?

Or just curiosity.

Meditation can be only a gymnastic of the brain as well as it can bring you to the most divine love of God.

Now to determine if you have to meditate on the name of: Rama, Krsna, Allah, Jesus Christ or Shiva, it is not so important.

If you want to attain the planet "Sun", you have to meditate on him. To do so you may call it: "the Sun" or "le Soleil" or "die Sonne" or "el Sol", it doesn't matter.

The main idea is that you cannot practice meditation just as you would practice a sport. It will end up very quickly.

Your servant

Dear Fellows,

For me, meditation is the process of conditioning your body, life style and attitude by focussing your 'thought energy' on something which is present everywhere and is seen nowhere!

you will have to understand the above statement by taking out(removing) words from my sententace and digesting/internalising the remaining(leftover) portion.

The issue is that you can not focuss on something which is not there. As whatever we see is changing and hence perishable and hence not trustworthy and hence going to be cause of pain and agony.

The concept of "soul/Atman/Life Energy" has to be guided through process of evolution, revelation and elevation through different "relisation centres/Plexes" at subconcious level as tought by Great Indian Sage Baba Patnjali.

Submitted for sharing, evolving and strengthenning the discussion.

Misra D C

*** FOR JAYASRIRADHE

Hare Krsna!

You say in your letter that a devotee should vizualise his Lord while he's chanting Hari-nam.

But what for? Satsvarupa Maharaja says in his "Japa reform" that one should not impose anything to his mind during japa. One should not think of Krsna's pastimes, for they must appear themselves when we are chanting. Moreover, as far as I know, Hari-nam is Krsna himself. Hari-nam includes krsna-rupa, krsna-guna and krsna-lila… So when we chant properly, without nama-aparadha, Hari-nam will reveal to us all those things… Krsna's form, Krsna's qualities, Krsna's pastimes.

Your servant,

Dennis.

P.S. Please, forgive me my bad English and unhimility. It seems to me that I will never be revealed the sweet of Hari-nam... I can't be tolerant as a tree and always will consider myself more important than a straw… :-(