IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sumeet

Proof of Krishna's Dvaraka And Vedic civilization

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

Please accept obesiances unto your lotus feet.

My dear Shivji and other dear friends

I'm very heartily pleased to announce the following:

The Scientific proof of Vedic Civilization & Krishna's Dvaraka

http://www.probys.com/sarasvati/

Krishna's Dwaraka:

An excerpt from the article on the site:

" The evidence from Dvaraka excavation is compatible with that of Krishna's Dvaraka described in MBH and Harivamsa in regard to physiographical features, location, town plan, and high level of civilization. "

Just I did this for increasing the curiosity.

Kindly visit this site for more detail:

http://www.orientalthane.com/speeches/srrao/1.htm

http://www.vina.org/articles/lost_city_of_dvaraka.html

http://www.vedamsbooks.com/no14243.htm

http://www.atributetohinduism.com/Dwarka.htm

I hope this is interesting to everyone.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

Chant and be happy.

All glories to Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga.

With Love

Your Servant Always

OM TAT SAT

Sumeet.

I have often wondered if the story of Dwaraka being submerged in the ocean was the basis for the story of Atlantis. Krsna said that now that his pastimes were over, that Dwaraka would be submerged into the ocean. I don't know if the archaelogical finds are the "real" Dwaraka but they are interesting. Unfortunately, due to Hollywood and comic books discussion of Atlantis is often dismissed. But the original story was laid out first by Plato thousands of years ago in two of his works "Timaeus" and "Critias". According to Plato the story is true and the events took place 9000 years before him. One of his distant relatives named Solon was traveling in Egypt and an Egyptian priest told him the story. From Solon, it passed onto Dropides, from Dropides to Critias I, from Critias I to Critias II (Plato's grandfather) who then related the story to Plato. Some believe that Plato made up the story as a morality tale of unchecked greed and hedonism. I have read, not in detail but in general, Timeaus and Critias and they bear a striking resemblance to Vedic concepts. Timeaus deals mostly with creation and less with Atlantis, but talks for instance about how God created the universe out of Earth, Water, Fire, and Air. It discusses the spirit of man and SPECIFICALLY details the breaking up of society into classes of teachers, warriors, agriculturalists, and laborers. It is clear, no interpretation on my part. Also, "Critias" outlines the same system which was said to have been given to them by the Goddess as a way of organizing society. I have also read (unrelated to Atlantis) that in Greek and Roman times there was a fairly sizable "cult" that worshipped the Vedic god Mithra. So I think that Greek civilization and Vedic civilization were united in some fashion, though I don't think we know all the details.

Gauracandra

Dear Sumeet,

One the bright side, they have discovered a sunken city in Western India, where Dwaraka is supposed to have been. However the date of this city is yet to be established. Until then it is still speculation. Last when I read about this discovery, the Professor who was handling this operation ran out of funds, and no one was coming forward to sponsor further excavation.

Itihasa and Puranas talk about a lot of places that we know are existing. So Dwaraka's existence is quite possible. What is doubted here, is the characters and their activites. That is what seems unreal. At least when viewed from a modern perspective. Add to that, the fact that we have no proof.

Dear Gauracandra,

Plato's Atlantis is supposed to have sunk around 9000 bc [the last known ice age]. The Purana date for the sinking of Dwaraka is around 3000 bc. The location described by Plato appears to have been somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean or further west.

Plato's writings are the first known source for Atlantis. All the further works and books have been drawn based on Plato's description. Since then, it is surprising how much material people have come up with, which btw happens to be total speculation. Edgar Cayce, the psychic, generated a lot of new interest in Atlantis during mid 20th century by saying that Atlantis would rise again soon, the hall of records, the Atlanteans built the great pyramid, etc.

However none of these things have happened yet, and all the evidence being uncovered, points to the currently accepted view that the GP was built by the Old kingdom.

Cheers