IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
maratamila

need refference on indian numerals 1 to 9...

Rate this topic

i am currently working on a numeral configuration based on the karntic swaras and have come across some very interesting facts...i would like t share my ideas...but i need some traditional refferences that are in existence based on the numbers...i would really appreciate if our fellow brothers could help me here. thank u....

Numbers 1to 9 represent navagrahas. 1 is sun 2 moon, 3 mars ,4mercury,5 jupiter ,6 venus, 7 sani, 8rahu & 9 kethu. Numeral 9 is very auspicious. The total of numbers obtained by multiplying 9 with any no. is nine.For example 9x1=9; 9x2=18(1+8=9)9x3=27(2+7=9)etc.That is the reason we are asked to do japa by minimum 27 times or 54 times or 108 or 1008 times etc(total of 2+7,or 5+4, 1+0+8 or 1+0+0+8 is 9).

Dear Viji,

You have mentioned that number 9 is very auspicious and you have given reason for it. I will just mention something related to that about all numbers.

Let there be two positive numbers x and y. Let z = x + y

Calculate the sum of digits in x. Keep doing it till you get a single digit (the same you did to the multiples of 9). Do the same with y. Now you have two digits. Add the two digits. If you get a two digit figure, then add them to get a single digit. You will find that this is the sum of digits of z.

Example:

Let x = 155 (sum of digits = 11, sum of digits of 11 = 2)

y = 75 (sum of digits = 12, sum of digits of 12 = 3)

z = 155 + 75 = 230 (sum of digits = 5 which is same as 2 + 3, calculated above).

Now I will explain why the sum of digits of any multiple of 9 is 9. The sum of digits of 10 is 1. 9 is 1 less than 10 and 0 is 1 less than 1 (sum of digits of 10). So, in this way 9 behaves somewhat like 0. You multiply any number to 0, you get 0. Similarly, you multiply any number to 9, you will get a no. whose sum of digits is 9. You add 0 to any number, that number is not changed. Similarly, you add 9 to any number, the sum of digits of that number is not changed.

Example:

35 + 9 = 44

Sum of digits of 35 = 8

Sum of digits of 44 = 8

I talked about positive numbers. What about negative ones? We know that adding zero to any number does not change the number. We have found a similarity between 0 and 9. So, if you have a negative number, then add keep adding 9 to it till you get a positive number. In other words, add a multiple of 9 to get a +ve no. Then you will find that it shows the behaviour I have described for positive numbers above.

Example:

34 - 14 = 20

34 - 14 is same as 34 + (-14).

34 is already a +ve no.

-14 is a -ve no.

-14 + 9*2 = -14 + 18 = 4 (+ve)

Instead of doing 34 + (-14), let us do 34 + 4. We get 38. Sum of digits = 11. Sum of digits of 11 = 2.

Sum of digits of 20 (34 - 14) is also 2.

Now let us do the reverse i.e.

14 - 34

We get -20

14 - 34 = 14 + (-34)

14 is +ve and -34 is -ve.

-34 + 9*4 = -34 + 36 = 2

Instead of 14 + (-34), let us do 14 + 2. We get 16. Sum of digits = 7

14 - 34 = -20 (-ve)

-20 + 3*9 = -20 + 27 = 7

So, both are 7.

I have described here addition and subtraction. You will find such kind of behaviour holding true for multiplication and division also. Of course, in case of division, the division must finish. The result can be fraction but we must know the exact digits after decimal.

Example:

25 * 3 = 75

Sum of digits of 25 = 7

7 * 3 = 21, sum of digits = 3

Sum of digits of 75 = 12, again sum of digits = 3

Example:

17/2 = 8.5

Sum of digits of 17 = 8

8/2 = 4

Sum of digits of 8.5 = 8 + 5 = 13, whose sum of digits = 4

I thought of putting this comment immediately after I saw yours, but I was hesitating to do it as I thought this would be digressing from the topic. But I could not control myself. So, today I am posted it.

Tell me how was it? :-)

In my opinion I give following reasons for numerals 1 to 9.

One indicates The Supreme God is One.

Two indicates Paramatma & Jivatma.

Three indicates Union of Atma with Paramatma requires Acharya(teacher).

Four is represented by Seasons.

Five is represented by 5 senses.

Six indicates our Kama, krodha, Lob, Moha,Madh, & Mascharya.

Seven indicates Sapta Nakshtras.

Eight is represented by Ashta disas.

Nine by Nava grahas.

Hari Bhol!

A practical calculation to plot change over time.

Example:- your of birth is 1960

1+9+6+0=16. The first phase of life is 16yrs

1960+16=1976. Expect major chages in 1976.

1+9+7+6=23. the second phase of life is 23 yrs

1976+23=1999

Expect major changes in 1999.

You can proceed further and analyze.

In terms of spiritual sadhana, where expectations cannot be quantified, this calculation helps to recognize our individual location on various levels of spiritual progress.