IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
nitai

Nectar Verse 2

Rate this topic

From Stavamala by Srila Rupa Goswami:

pracinanam bhajanam atulam duskaram srnvato me nairyasena jvalati hrdayam bhakti-lesa lasasya visva-dricim aghahara tava karnya karunya-vicim asa-binduksitam idam upety antare hanta saityam

pracinanam--of the great devotees in ancient times; bhajanam--devotional service; atulam--incomparable; duskaram--difficult to perform; srnvatah--hearing;me--of me; nairyasena--with despair; jvalati--burns; hrdayam--the heart; bhakti--of devotion; lesa--a small portion; alasasya--weak and

indolent; visva-dricim--from Brahma down to the most insignificant creature; aghahara--killer of Aghasura; tava--of You; akarnya--hearing; karunya--of mercy; vicim--waves; asa--of hope; bindu--by a drop; uksitam--sprinkled; idam--this; upeti--attains; antare--within; hanta--indeed; saityam--coolness.

I am very weak and lazy to do even the smallest devotional service and so when I hear of the peerless and difficult-to-perform services performed by the

great devotees in ancient times, my heart burns with despair. O Lord, O killer

of Aghasura, when I hear that Your waves of mercy splash everyone from the demigod Brahma down to the most insignificant creature, then my heart becomes sprinkled with a cooling drop of hope.