IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

siva as my ishtadeva

Rate this topic

Dear Guest,

I have gone through your message and understand your mental problem. I would request you to clear your mind about yourself. You say that you have visions of Lord Shiva and Mataji Durga at the same time you seek plaesures in all the evil things around you. You feel that all the material, physical pleasures you are engaged in are evil acts and even then you persue them. I think you are a confused person,

Dear One, from my personal observance, stop worrying. Feel gifted that you are inclined towards the spiritual path. Whether Lord Shiva, Narayana, Durga... they are all of the same Supreme divinities but in different aspects. You are a father to your child, husband, a worker and so on but you are still you despite the roles that you have to undertake. Likewise, the Lord has different roles in different forms; thus if you love the sight and presence of Lord Shiva by all means go to him! You can do all these as a householder too... leaving the family is not the answer as you have to complete your task duty before renunciating. Negative qualities would initially increase when you are seeking Lords help... but the truth is you are becoming more aware of yourself... they will gradually go away once you start your spiritual dicipline. Try meditation... try loving the divinity within you and your loved ones and even your enemies... that my friend would please our Lord to the brim!

Love All, Serve All

Dear Guest,

mental problem? really? so your dont have any mental problems? or is that your dont have problem with your mental problems? i am trying thank you. that is why i posted here.

pleasure in what? i dont like lusty feelings especially since i am married, the smoking is a adiction and the meat eating is also an addiction. or do you dissagree? one does not stop smoking like you stop brushing your teeth is is a chemical dependance like meat eating is a chemical addiction , no i am not prone to stopping doing this BECAUSE IT IS AN ADDICTION. most people do, in fact if your not ready to stop them you will fall down again and again, i am sure thouse blessed indians that never took a drag from a cig or hada juicy hamburger can say those poor western devotees i feel for them they have tasted maya and learned to like it and not have to learn to have distaste for those things. dang right i am confused some folks are confused by maya and addicted to maya and by gods help i will defeat this terrible addiction.

at least i never did heroin. nothing beats that oops except cigerettes.

stopping eating meat and smoking is hard and i am trying i a have tried before and it was hard the second you stress out your want a drag , the second your stomach feels empty cause of no meat to rot in it for 2-3 days at a time your want meat to stop the pain your stomach burns and you think is being a vege worth the agony? think i am lieing ? your a confused person if you do. yes i feel guilt i feel like a doper ever puff on a cig. i am confused i have read tons of litrature about health and tons of hindu lit. about the laws rules and health and still i do it ? why cause it is hard. then i have folks that dont know how to post nicely to me like you dear friend. i am happy that you can post such mean things to me makes me mad and gets me thinking i am the lowest person for being born to this american life that is so adharmic. turn on a TV "have a biggie size coke and a big old wopper and fries.

ya i know i am seeking pleasure in evil things at least my body is. my mind is getting a higher taste but your posts seem to help me think that i should not become so vain and proud to condem. i was told once by a 30 year indian born and raised vishnava that i should preach "cause i know all this wonderfull stuff about krishna and i dont live by it " you may believe but do you wanna live like a modern brahmana ;in the lap of luxury in india, after long religious talks to devotees about living right after their preaching they go to the bar and have a shot of booze and smoke bidis and have fun with loose women?

dang it your right is the sad part your right i am all confused and i do have mental problems , and you know what there is only one way i can fix them.

follow the lessons of the acharyas, keep chanting read and learn get a guru and as time goes by i will stop being a lusty meateating nicoteen adicted slave to maya..

i can be mean too.

even your enemies... that my friend would please our Lord to the brim!

i have told devotees about my ex-wife and they said that "your a good man for the way you handled her and what she has done to you." yes i try to love all and it is hard to handle only a few things; smoking meat eating and the lust. the rest i am pretty good at. i think many a beginning devotee has had the same issues.

thank you for the well wishes.

i have seen one thing so far, this may sound really lame but i think the situation i am in becoming a devotee of krishna is much easyer and a heck ofa lot harder at the same time.

there is more litrature about krishna around, more temples, more devotees, krishna is everywhere around me but living as he desires us to is the hardest thing there is to do..

Guest guest

Lol! The efforts of Iskcon propaganda men like Pankaj das to bring Shiva bhaktas under their umbrella are desparate!

Yes Shiva is one without an Adi and Anta without beginning or an end. Don't listen to what Iskcon has to to say on Shiva. They are absolutely no authority on Lord Shiva!! They are biased and base the whole Vedas in line with the Hare Krsna Philpsophy. every thing is biased. translations and purports. We ahve all the translations already of Gita. Whay was there a need for Preabhupada to translate it again? There was - to modify the knowledge to fit in line with his own sampradaya and call it that other versions were not correct and my version is only correct. This is the case with everything and every one else!

Pray to Lord Shiva!! Krsna and Rama also prayed to the benevolent Lord Bhole Nath Sadashiva!! He is easily pleased and is merciful!

Om Namah Shivaya!!!

{this my seem shocking to a few but; i fall at krishna lotus feet}

*LOL* It looks like have a joker on board!

Choosing to put your name in capitals this time, when it was never in capitals before was not a good move. Impersonation an unregistered user folls nobody but yourself. So all of a sudden, you fell at Krishna's lotus feet...yeah...sure!

Lol! The efforts of Iskcon propaganda men like Pankaj das to bring Shiva bhaktas under their umbrella are desparate!

Yes Shiva is one without an Adi and Anta without beginning or an end. Don't listen to what Iskcon has to to say on Shiva. They are absolutely no authority on Lord Shiva!!

I don't think you have studied carefully. We know more about Shiva then you might think. But just like Krishna, it's only by Shiva mercy you can know Him. As the Christians say 'only by revelation can you know God'. Only by His mercy. So in Iskcon they see SHiva as a devotee of Krishna. Even Krishna says that His devotees are more dear to Him then His very self. So we are not trying to minimize the position of Shiva, who can?

Many devotees who are new to Krsna Consciousness don't know who Shiva is, because his very complex. But as we know it. Shiva is a devotee of Vishnu. And also the other way around, there is no difference between Sada-shiva and Vishnu. But SHAMBU who is on Kalilasa is in catergory of Shiva-tattva. So He is not same as Vishnu. But then why will you believe it? Since I know you think 'everything is one' in the end. Brahman.

Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

Of course we know that Vishnu is the biggest devotee of Lord Shiva. Krsna is the biggest and dearest devotee of Lord Shiva. This is a fact!

Shiva love Krsna so Hare Krsnas twisted this thing to their side and started propagating that Shiva is a devotee of Krsna. Some say he is the servant of Krsna. Lol! I even heard that Shiva is so dependent on Krsna that he can't even grant any liberation on his own. And of course the Hare Krsnas don't flinch on constantly propagating false kaliyug knowledge that Lord Shiva is a mere "Demi-God" - not even a full god!! And you claim to know Lord Shiva more than we think you do??

Yes Shiva is complex and he is the simplest. That's why he is called Bhole Nath!! One who is easily pleased and is very simple hearted!! He gives the highest of knowledges and still the simplest. The highest asetic and the best family ideal.

To know a little bit abo9ut Lord Sadashiva, you will have to accept Shiva Geeta, Shiva Maha Purana and Shiva Samhita to start with. But the problem you will not accept any other Vedas accept the modified versions published by BBT only translated by SPP and your line of philosophy. And SPP would have never ever translated Shiva Geeta. So how can even talk about knowing Lord Shiva anyways??? And then you go about propagating and preaching just your version about him. So people coming in contact with Iskcon, know Shiva just as a servent and "demi-god" who is always in the mode of "ignorance and Tamasa"!! What a balony!! Sorry boss! That is just way off!!

I don't think you have studied carefully. We know more about Shiva then you might think. But just like Krishna, it's only by Shiva mercy you can know Him. As the Christians say 'only by revelation can you know God'. Only by His mercy. So in Iskcon they see SHiva as a devotee of Krishna. Even Krishna says that His devotees are more dear to Him then His very self. So we are not trying to minimize the position of Shiva, who can?

Many devotees who are new to Krsna Consciousness don't know who Shiva is, because his very complex. But as we know it. Shiva is a devotee of Vishnu. And also the other way around, there is no difference between Sada-shiva and Vishnu. But SHAMBU who is on Kalilasa is in catergory of Shiva-tattva. So He is not same as Vishnu. But then why will you believe it? Since I know you think 'everything is one' in the end. Brahman.

Hare Krishna.

So people coming in contact with Iskcon, know Shiva just as a servent and "demi-god" who is always in the mode of "ignorance and Tamasa"!! What a balony!! Sorry boss! That is just way off!!

Huh? If you say Shiva is ONLY Servant of Krishna, then if you look at it the other way around, you can say Krishna is ONLY a servant of Shiva. If your Ista deva is Shiva then maybe that is why you say it. I would't call my wife yours would I? [if I was married that is]. Same way your trying to establish the Supremacy of Lord Shiva.

Guest guest

Dear Guest,

Yes Shiva bhaktas or sadhakas have problem with the Vaishnavas and they freely come to Vaishnava temples. But if we go to Iskcon, we find there is a strict differentiation and almost a distaste for going to Shivalays.

That's their problem anyways.

Lord Shiva is easily pleased and is worshiped by all living entities in teh universe, not only humans. If you feel an attachement (which could definitely be from your past life) to Lord Shiva, then you should follow him only. He is all capable to give you what you want, whether you seek some material benefit or the spiritual progress of the highest order and complete liberation from the cycle of Life and death.

Do you think Lord Rama and Krishna made so many ellaborate worships and went into strictest asetic practices to please Mahadeve Lord Sadashiva for nothing? This is Vedic and completely in line with the Ancient Vedic culture. Vishnu has worshipped Lord Shiva in every incarnation.

I had a very dear attachment to Lord Shiva from birth as my father did his sadhna during my birth time. So I had a natural tendency for his bhakti, but I always has been attracted to Krsna and Rama too as they are allattractive and benevolant too and also Lord Shiva's dearest devotees. I also got into association with Iskcon and other organizations. but after being in a very close association with Iskcon, now all the internal politics and the very translations and purports that are differently shaped to fit their own philosophy, I have come to realize and found immense peace in Lord Shiva's worship. Also I get more beautiful experiences in my dreams many times after my night and mornign meditations on Lord Shiva.

What can I say? I'm not here to promote any particular sect. But pray worship to Shiva with devotion and listen to your heart!!

OM NAMAH Shivaya!!

eh i am not worried about the REDHEAD.

anyways. i am not compleatly convinced about saivite worship that is why i am posting here. perhaps my ingnorance of saivite worship is why i have reservations about it and not understanding why i felt the way i did is why i am not compleatly convinced.

perhaps it is the ISCON issues that why i was not into krishna.

i have to really undersand more before i begin.

one thing i do know is; i am not religion surfing or that non-sense that bothers me. i just want to do right by the lord. perhaps this siva attachment is from a past life with him as my guru and vishnu my ishtadeva.

does it matter in the long run? yes and no.

one thing i do know is saivites have no issues with vishnavas worship so why would i? why woudl siva have an issue with my devoting my worship to vishnu?

i have read that the worship of krishna is a fast track to liberation or moshka.

i am all ears...

Guest guest

The goal is the same Pankaj!! The goal is to attain liberation.

Shiva bhaktas get liberated to Shivaloka and Krishna bhaktas to Goloka or vaikuntha or whatever. Simple as that.

Your heavy stress on the differentiating factors is the speciality of your sampradaya. It is all about sampradayik and communal feelings. Ours and theirs.

Yes indeed we love to belive that Lord Shiva is the Supreme personality of Godhead and Krsna is a great devotee of Shiva. Just as you love to believe and propagate the opposite. ;-)

Prabhupada or no Prabhupada! We can't change all teh Vedas Prabhupada did think that way!!

The GOAL of SHiva-bhakta and Vaishnava is NOT the Same.

Guest guest

That is Prabhupada's definition. We don't go by Prabhupada!! We go by Vedas and Puranas. We go by Shiva Geeta!! What authority does Prabhupada hold in front of Lord Ramachandra!!

Supreme Personality means Krishna Not shiva. Your very misunderstood.

Guest guest

Also, Shiva is one. Rama or Krsna is one!

Preachers are many!! They come and go and facilitate glorifying the Lord in many different ways. Some propagate bhakti, some yoga and so on.

The Lord is being glorified. This is good. This is also the main aim of gaudiya Philosophy!

Preachers and go. We are not limited to one Prabhupada. India is an ancient Aryan land that has given birth to a thousand Prabhupadas and many exalted saints in different sampradayas in all Yugas. It is not just the bhati kaal saints!

Guest guest

Lord Shiva is no ordinary Personality!!

He is the kind of Personality who bats his eyelid ones and manay many years of Brahma pass by and multiple Yugas and creations and destructions pass by! That is just a nimesh matra or one second of Shiva! He is a Supreme Personality!! The highest to ask this question about Lord Shiva's personality is Krsna himself. Not Prabhupada or some Harikesh Swami!!

You will have to refer to how Krsna glorifies Lord SadaShiva!!

You will also have to refer to how he glorifies Lord SadaShiva in his previous incarnation as Rama!! Yes that will be auritative explanation. Explanation from someone who has seen Lord Shiva and his Glory and his Lilas!!

Guest guest

Nothing wrong for you to have your goal and me having mine.

Where is the problem?

We want to go to Lord Shiva!! And be in his presence and serve him and reach the highest pinacle of yog and sadhna!!

Sri Chaitanya gave the easy way because the other Vedic practices are way higher and you are not qualified enough for them. So at least you can do this much. This does not mean tha the path of yoga (Kriya, kundalini, Tantra) is bad or lower or bad. In fact Lord Shiva says to Goddess Parvati that from all the different paths, the path of Yoga is the highest, but then it should be given to a bhakta only. So if i were Prabhupada, I can think that so bhakti is the highest and yoga is not. No! This is not so! Bhakti is definitely a high path. But so is yoga. We do bhakti and yoga combined. And no yoga is not all about physical postures!! Krishna instructs Arjuna in Kriya yoga techniqe in BG. But since Prabhupada is not from yogic line, he

summed it up as KC in his purports. He just simplified it as so meditating on teh third eye on Bhagawan means just think about him. That's all!! Finish. Just think about him all the time. Yes! This is also a way - Shravana, Kirtana, manan! The yogis do that too. Nothing new!! But then there are more advanced and deeper techniques that take the conscious to an entirely a new level that opens up your limited five sense based horizons to rise and expand by leaps and bounds!!!

You can't just experience God by just remaining limited to your 5 sense perception. It is limiting. Btu anyway, what you are doing is good too!! At least you are doing this, staying away from bad things by following the principals, and thinking about Krsna!! And if you are still carrying out your duties in this world and devoting them to the Lord, it is still very Good!!

Only stop putting down Shiva and Shiva bhaktas!! lol !

The GOAL of SHiva-bhakta and Vaishnava is NOT the Same.

what a put off. all this fighting shiva and krishna are laughing at you guys that fight so hard, they are both great and they are to be found by those inclined to one or the other. i notice the sivaites are calm and the krishnaites are angered. this proves as a point that siva is a meditator and some krishna bhaktas are passionate about what they believe like it is going to make any differance in the long run krishna says those that worship me come to me and those that worship other deity go to them. but then i hear the KC people say things like after going to sivaloka that one can fall down or something of that line of thinking. so are the heavens permanent or not. if you go to sivaloka does one stay there forever or not?

the vedas say one thing and prabupada says some thing else, like the vedas are eather misunderstud or he is puting his own bend on scripture?

i think prabhupada bends things to his line of thinking. like his statements on jesus we all know jesus was a myth or a common spiritual man that they deified not a avatara. he was politically motivated. he says smoking pot was unspiritual but anyone that knows the acharyas knows they toked weed. he was playing up on americans when he says anything about that stuff. americans have this special affection for JC and he plays on it. i am not a fan of PC thinking it is calulated lieing only. i am not PC and i am not a gonna lie about it. i have extremem opinions about race, religion,ethnic groups, and politics. there are people i dislike and i ones i perfer and i discriminate and it is natural. prabupada discriminates against other sects and it shows dispite his statements against sectarianism.

i think prabhupada bends things to his line of thinking

Can you tell me exatly where prabhupada did this? Before you make some statements you need to back it up, instead of shouting your mouth off.

Haribol by the way, are you the same person I talked with before? Anyway..

It say's a Spiritual master teaches for time and circumstance, this is WHAT Prabhupada did. Can you really tell me you have asimilated all the knowledge of the Vedas? And come to the conclution? Are you that arrogant. Forgive me if I sound off.

Prabhupada belongs to the The Discplic succession of Brahma, He didn't twist anything it is YOUR own mind which cannot understand anything. Please look at the facts, otherwise you might loose Krishna forever. Prabhupada came from the same line which Krishna came from. I am not His pure disicple or anything, but without Prabhupada right now you would probably not even know who Krishna was.