IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

need some understanding and help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have to write a paper for a college class and I honestly find Hinduism quite complicated. In my paper I have to provide answers to the following 3 questions.

1.Considering that Hinduism lacks a uniting belief system, what makes up the Hindu religion?

2.What are the cultural and societal influences that have made Hinduism vital to the region in which it originated?

3.Explain the desire for liberation from earthly existence.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on this.

Thank you very much!

Guest guest

explain desire for liberation.

do u know how it is? ok listen. liberation means liberation from the cycle of birth and death, but it also means liberation from suffering. moksha it is called in sanskrit. now everyone out there, no matter who they are, are either consciously or unconsciously looking for their 100% everlasting happiness. everyone wants that. they want the everlasting full COMPLETE joy, that does not end. whether they know it or not, thats why they say "life is a pursuit of happiness"

now the problem is, that the way we pursue happiness, is incorrect. we turn to the outside world. this world of material things. we look for sense objects for sense pleasures. we desire. that is the one main thing. desire. we desire things. and for us fulfilment of desire = happiness, and unfulfillment = unhappiness. that is how we live. it is very sad that we live this way. for if we are only looking for desire-fulfillment, we will never ever be happy. i mean, the happiness that comes from eating a chocolate is nice. it tastes good. but then no happiness can compare to the happiness u have when u first eat the cholocate. everyother bite u take, it will never be as good as the FRIST time. and then, in the mean-while, the happiness decreses, and then MORE desires pop up. this is bad. b/c then it becomes harder to fulfill said desires. and with unfulfillment, comes anger, suffering. so a person who looks for hapiness outside in the external world, will not find it. he will get glimpses of it, but his life will be filled with suffering. it is impossible to have that 100% happiness b/c we cannot be fulfilling every desire every moment.

therefore the answer to the question we have come up with, on how to find happiness, is to reduce the desires. with less desires, there is less suffering and more happiness. but then what happens when the desires become 0? perfect happiness is then gained.

this is liberation. realizing that desire and the world, will never lead to happiness, realizing the truth that true happiness can never be found in the world, realizing that all the happiness we could ever imagine is actually already there!! that is liberation. realizing. not just knowing. there is a difference between realizing and knowing. u must realize. then the desires will drop away, and then when there are 0 desires, this is liberation, perfect happiness, perfect suffering.

this is why ppl would desire liberation. b/c they know that they can never ever be happy in the world. they know that tehy can never be happy even with a wife and kids, that suffering will always be there. so they would desire perfect everlasting bliss thru liberation.

now the whole liberation concept, on how to get it, and stuff is MUCH more complicated. the normal worldly mind would not understnad.

u are not going to do justice with this topic. i somehow wish i could write the paper for u, but that would end up being 20 pages or something.

good luck with the paper.

Guest guest

To get a high grade, simply say it is better

than Christianity in every respect. That

should cover all bases.

1.Considering that Hinduism lacks a uniting belief system, what makes up the Hindu religion?

Thats wrong, religion teaches to give respect not only to the director but also to the people in the lower heirarchial level. Just like Supreme Lord is the Director and the other gods are the servants at different levels. Just following the supreme lord and ruling out the possibility of the existance of the other gods doesnt make any sense does it?

2.What are the cultural and societal influences that have made Hinduism vital to the region in which it originated?

Hinduism is the religion for the world. Its maim motto is to take away all devouring human suffering. and it vital to all the regions isnt it?

3.Explain the desire for liberation from earthly existence.

Remember earth is filled with miserable temporory things and Vaikunta is filled with permanent all blissfull things. The transfer of soul from the former to the later is called liberation

hope that help

haribol

Guest guest

"The Hindu religion brings to us the gift of tolerance that allows for different stages of worship, different and personal expressions of devotion and even different Gods to guide our life on this Earth. Yet, it is a one religion under a single divine hierarchy that sees to the harmonious working together of the three worlds. These intelligent beings have evolved through eons of time and are able to help mankind without themselves having to live in a physical body. These great Mahadevas, with their multitudes of angelic devas, live and work constantly and tirelessly for the people of our religion, protecting and guiding them, opening new doors and closing unused ones. The Gods worshiped by the Hindu abide in the Third World, aided by the devas that inhabit the Second World." - Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami.