IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

jesus existed, and mohammed, buddha, etc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OK, neither islam nor christianity are good examples when they attack in the name of the Lord. But don´t forget the blood that left the separation between hinduists and Sijh, the war with Pakistan (1946-79)and the subsequent situation in Cachemira...they are not invations, but blood is always present. Even some budhists are violent in a way, like in Sri Lanka (more structural), or the invasion of famine...even the hinduist fundamentalist groups, they exist.

The vedas has something very unique: it´s the oldest book. The other holy books are still in "process" because when you see the results something is going terribly wrong. I try with all modesty to see throughout the most important books and beliefs and that helps me understand more the differences between them. Religious leaders should make more unity in the speeches to everyone.

Fundamentalism in all religions should stop their crussade. Maybe some yoga to this corrupted leaders could help.

Guest guest

I have read the article, there are many facts, but remember the prosecuton to the early christians. The lamb is the "Lamb of God that takes the sins of the world". The fact that they lasted centuries to "develop" a cross with Jesus on it is that the criteria was unified and the Church got organized (in a good or bad way). There were others figures in the catacombs, like a fish (Jesus was a Fisher of men), etc. Christianity developed through lands of real struggle and paganism, don´t forget it was not India or the already established buddhism in far east societies. I think that christianity should not forget that there was another prophet that confirmed his existence by Allah´s revelation. OK, there is plenty of lack of documents, but remember the historical situation. Christians already noticed that the gosspels of the New testament difere in many things like the place where Jesus was born, etc. but the Faith plays an escential role on christianity. In my opinion the hermetism of various centuries of dark medieval europe helped a lot to jeopardize Christ´s mission, making a lot of separations between christians, wars, blood and more "holy" blood.

Jesus was not a prophet with a court, or sorrounded by academic people. Probably that helped a lot for not collecting more documents.

"A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field.

Source: (Hindu) "

Guest guest

Christianity should confine itself to

Christian lands - Europe, Russia, the

Americas, and Australia which is in the

wrong place on the map. It should

voluntarily depart from the Eastern

Hemisphere.

Guest guest

Geographically, Australia is where nature

intended it to be. It is in the wrong place

on the map in the sense its inhabitants

practice the wrong religion.

Guest guest

Do you mean the actual religions practised or the original from the natives? I come from south america originally, and colonialism is till nowadays almost. Dozens of cultures with their own beliefs were also destroyed in the new continent.

Guest guest

Buddhism is the world's first transnational and missionary

religion.

From Buddhist texts:

He sent them across the Ganges Valley, saying, " A great duty

is yours - to work for the happiness of men. Let us separate and

go each in a different direction, no two following the same

path - and preach the Dharma."

Go ye, O Bhikkhus, and go forth for the gain of the many, for

the welfare of the many, out of compassion for the world, for

the good, for the gain, for the welfare of gods and men. Proclaim,

O Bhikkhus, the doctrine glorious, preach ye a life of holiness,

perfect and pure.

I shall not pass into Nirvana, till this religion of mine is

successful, prosperous, widespread, popular, ubiquitous; in a

word, made thoroughly public among men.

So what are churchmen and missionaries who are enriching

themselves with public donations and operating the conversion

racket, propagating? A false religion without merit built

around a fictional christ.

Guest guest

You are from Spain. I am sure there are

Jews, Muslims and other religionists in

Spain. But Spain is Catholic. In the same

sense, Australia is Christian.

Guest guest

http://www.organiser.org/dynamic/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=117&page=13

Think it over

Buddhists must re-discover their vocation

By M.S.N. Menon

Service to mankind—this was the great mission of Buddhism. “He who would wait on me, let him wait on the sick,” exhorts the Buddha.

Alas, the Buddhists have forgotten their mission! Today, they “wait” on the Buddha, and not on the sick and suffering. There is nothing to distinguish them from others. But the process can be reversed. “Our highest duty, as human beings,” says Dalai Lama, “is to search out the means whereby we may be freed from all kinds of sufferings.”

This was how it all began. On this, the Buddha himself had said: “When I reflected thus, my disciples,” (that he was subject to decay and not free from the power of old age, sickness and death) “all the joy of life...died within me.”

“Never before has the founder of a religion spoken like this!” exclaims Paul Dahlke, the German philosopher in his Buddhist Essays. Neither Christ nor Mohammed.

Siddhartha was overwhelmed by the tragic nature of the human condition. How is one to account for this? Desire—excessive desire—the “thirst for pleasure, thirst for existence and thirst for material wealth”, replied the Buddha. Is there a way to overcome this desire? Yes, there is, by following the Eight-Fold Path.

Here is where Hinduism and Buddhism took different routes. While the Hindu sought his individual salvation, Buddhism sought the collective salvation of the sangha (Buddhist community). Did not the Enlightened One say: “O Bikhus, go forth everywhere for the good of the many, for the happiness of the many, for compassion for the whole world.”

It was not a break with Hinduism. In fact, Buddhism “is the logical development of the religion of the Hindus,” says Dr S.Radhakrishnan. It is time we Hindus saw it in this light. Hinduism had to grow into a world message. It did so in Buddhism. And it went out not to conquer and convert, but to set the example of a holy life, free from passions and desires in the service of mankind.

Ashoka set the example. He built roads, planted trees, constructed hospitals for men and animals, built rest houses, dug wells. And, above all, he gave up wars. Is there any wonder, then if he is called the greatest emperor in history?

An impression has been created that Buddhism is all about seeking nirvana. This is a false view. Buddha did not encourage a monk’s life, or a life of renunciation. He himself set the example by serving men till his death.

Once a rich man, Anandapindika, asked the Buddha: “Must I, Master, enter into homelessness and give up my work and wealth in order to walk in holiness?” “Not so, brother,” replied the Buddha, “remain in your station of enterprise, apply yourself to your affairs with the utmost diligence...only do not cleave insensibly to wealth, life and power.” In short, the dharma does not require a man to go into homelessness or resign the world unless he himself has an inner calling.

Yes, do not cleave insensibly to life, wealth, and power, for these are sources of evil in the world. Evil is associated with the growth of family and private property.

The Buddha wanted men to be self-reliant. This, I believe, was the second mission of Buddhism. The Buddha tells Ananda, his chief disciple: “O Ananda, be ye lamps unto yourselves, betake yourselves to no external refuge, look not for refuge to anyone besides yourselves.” And yet the Buddhist clergy continues to ask the lay Buddhists to take refuge in the Buddha and the Sangha!

Buddhism is not a religion in the modern sense of the term. It is not a theistic religion, preoccupied with God and the after-life. It does not encourage dependence on God. In fact, Buddha had little to say on God.

Buddhism,therefore, teaches people to think for themselves, to be self-reliant. “Place no head above your own,” says the Buddha. Here is a recipe for self-perfection. “Believe nothing because a wise man said it. Believe nothing because it is said to be divine. Believe only what you yourself judge to be true,” says the Buddha. In short, Buddhism promotes the intellectual development of its lay adherents. Can we say the same of Islam and Christianity?

No wonder, Buddhism is considered the most scientific religion. In asking people to rely on themselves, the Buddha was pointing towards the design of Nature. Did not Nature give man the means to think and reason to make himself self-reliant? After this, to compel man to be guided by books, or to “surrender” to God, seems very odd indeed! It is a subversion of the working of Nature.

India must still take the lead in Buddhism. The men to lead are sure to come.

Believe it or not, Gautama Buddha never meant his beliefs to be a religion as Buddhism is now.

Matter a fact, Gautama Buddha invited those who willing to give up worldly life to leave their homes and family and live a hermitage life, travelling to and fro in town, preaching and maybe even praying.

It was during the last 2,000 years, did Buddhist Principles made into religion which introduced to Laymen (regular people) and slowly become what it is today.

And I have NEVER heard such words such as below :

I shall not pass into Nirvana, till this religion of mine is successful, prosperous, widespread, popular, ubiquitous; in a word, made thoroughly public among men.

Gautama Buddha gave his message to Mankind and allowed them to choose whatever path they willing to follow. He was NOT a god (like Jesus claim Jesus was) who couldn't rest till Mankind is saved.

Guest guest

Can you give us some actual excerpts from

Buddhist scriptures and other writings

dating back to his life and times?

Buddhist literature is vast and profound.

It's not a one-book religion.

Most Hindus including Hindu scholars know

little and write little about it. That is

sad.

Guest guest

Buddhist thought, philosophy and literature

are profound, powerful and life-changing.

Without Buddha, our civilization is

diminished by half.

Sadly, Hindus don't realize it.

by analyst

Can you give us some actual excerpts from Buddhist scriptures and other writings dating back to his life and times?

Buddhist literature is vast and profound.

It's not a one-book religion.

Well ... Buddhism I know is split into several groups :

1. Thervada

2. Mahayana (used by Monks if not mistaken)

3. Pure-Land Buddhism (famous in China and Hong Kong)

4. Zen Buddhism (used in Japan - born when Buddhism and Shintosm mixed).

In Malaysia, they have Thervada Buddhism for the Laymen while Mahayana is restricted for Monks alone. Different is - in Mahayana societies (like Thailand, Tibet and Nepal), ALL boys (especially the elder born) from age 12 to 18 are required enter Monastery and study Buddhism for certain years.

This way, at least one member of the family have deep knowledge of Buddhism. After age of 18, the boys given options whether to continue becoming a monk or return to live in the World.

Most Hindus including Hindu scholars know little and write little about it. That is sad.

That is because India close its doors and eyes to Asians after independance. IF Indians opened their eyes to other countries, they could see how much influence India had in the past. They could see Kyastrias in form of Samurais in Japan, they could see Brahmins in form of Buddhist monks in China (which continued to strive in Communist regime even today), they could see various other influence Indians had in the past but they missed it.

But never mind ... what politicians couldn't do, God did it. The people came together in the Internet and HERE, you must go forward and learn about others.

by scholar

Buddhist thought, philosophy and literature are profound, powerful and life-changing.

Without Buddha, our civilization is diminished by half.

Sadly, Hindus don't realize it.

True ... it was Buddhism which managed to kick Christianity out of Japan and it was Buddhism which held together Chinese through the tough times for the past 150 years and still strive in Communist regime.

I personally belief that if Buddhism exist in India (like it does in Malaysia), Christianity couldn't possibly step foot on India and the people could be united under Buddhism and revive Hindusm.

But what they have now in India is just Atheistic Buddhism - where atheism (rejecting Spiritualism) plays a part and many doesn't know what is Buddhism anymore.

The fictional christ:

"My sheep hear my voice ... and they follow me."

[John 10:27]

No contradiction ... you just didn't see it properly.

Hindu Gods - Maha Vishnu and Parameswara called Man - "Sons" and Devotees (with respect) and Yahweh (Jewish God) called Jews "My People".

But what does Christian god calls them? Sheeps (animals). /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guest guest

you were NOT there in person. BUT our VEDAS have shown that JC was a hindu who died for the sins of people who did not understand DEITY WORSHIP OR wnated to get rid of all DEITY WORSHIP at that time.

JC is sighted in RIG VEDA, which was the last one to be composed around 6,000BCE and written down by about 5,000BCE.

Have you read works of JOE CAMBELL? He mentioned about

"YAGANVALKYA" And "UDDHAVA" who were two of the RISHIS mentioned in our UPANISHADS and IN VEDAS as well.

They were roman-greek pagans who took Upanishadic lessons from other HINDU Or INDIC RISHIS back in 6,428BCE (Uddhava GITA from LORD KRSNASELF) and in 3,307BCE when TERAH also known as YAGNAVALKYA decided to take his family from UR CITY to EGYPT via Canaan.

you don't know, unless you connect the dots and read all religious scriptures together and analyze them w/o bias.

What religion do you practice now? Judaism or ISLAM?