IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

peacocke feather

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ie have just bought some peacocke feather for my western friend and her mum told me that it brings bad luck please advice asap

Guest guest

Hey Sunita,

I have never heard of peacock feather bringing bad luck infact I thought its a good sign as it purifies the air around.I really dont think it can bring bad luck.

Guest guest

How will if purify the air around ? If you dont know it just dont spread something like this .

Guest guest

I have mentioned that I "thought" That it purified the air around.So kindly read the posts more carefully and then reply back.

May be I am wrong, but this is something that I have heard.And what is so unbelievable?Dont Neem leaves purify the air as well???

Guest guest

Purification

As we have seen, in the Hindu tradition the peacock is the vehicle [skt.: vahana] of, or animal associated with, Kartikkeya, a.k.a. Skanda the 6-armed, 6-headed god of war who is a son of Lord Shiva. Kumari (Skanda/Subrahamanya's shakti) rides a peacock in the retinue of the Goddess Durga. Its [Latin] scientific name, pavo, derives from a Sanskrit epithet, Pavana [purity] that refers to the Hindu deity Vayu, the wind who is also the breath of life and the father of the hero Rama's friend, Hanuman.

It is said that at the time of Creation of the universe, when the primordial poison was churned out of the Sea of Milk and transmuted into the amrita of immortality, it was a peacock that absorbed the negative effects. Thus the bird is thought of as a protector, though its flesh is consequently considered to be poisonous. Since a potentially deadly emotion such as anger is depicted as a serpent, and the peacock is immune, the peacock also symbolizes victory over poisonous tendencies in sentient beings.