IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What are some examples of practicing the Gita

Rate this topic

Guest guest

what are some examples of practicing the Gita in modern day life? can you give any examples of where you may have performed something differently because you know thw Gita, instead of in another way? was it beneficial for you?

Guest guest

do you always talk in riddles? this is a serious question, how about a serious response and not some wise-crack retort?

Management guidelines from the Bhagavad Gita.

There is an important distinction between effectiveness and efficiency in managing.

Effectiveness is doing the right things.

Efficiency is doing things right.

The general principles of effective management can be applied in every field, the differences being more in application than in principle. The Manager's functions can be summed up as:

Forming a vision

Planning the strategy to realise the vision.

Cultivating the art of leadership.

Establishing institutional excellence.

Building an innovative organisation.

Developing human resources.

Building teams and teamwork.

Delegation, motivation, and communication.

Reviewing performance and taking corrective steps when called for.

Bhagavad Gita teaches every concept mentioned above and prepares mind effictively along with deep Spiritual truths.

Thus, management is a process of aligning people and getting them committed to work for a common goal to the maximum social benefit - in search of excellence.

The critical question in all managers’ minds is how to be effective in their job. The answer to this fundamental question is found in the Bhagavad Gita, which repeatedly proclaims that “you must try to manage yourself.” The reason is that unless a manager reaches a level of excellence and effectiveness, he or she will be merely a face in the crowd.

Thats why Bhagavad Gita has been recommended in many management schools in India as well as Outside. This is the only holy book which has the answer for every situation, provided you spend time and give utmost respect to it. Believe me , Bhagavad Gita will start talking with you one day.

<font color="orange">When I read the Bhagavad Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous. - Albert Einstein

I must confess to you that when doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and when I see not one ray of light on the horizon I turn to the Bhagavad Gita, and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. My life has been full of external tragedies and if they have not left any visible and indelible effect on me, I owe it to the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita. - Mahatama Gandhi </font color>

Many people (especially in India) doesn't know how much Hindusm have really shaped the World since the past 5,000 years.

Indian should really get out of India (mentally speaking) and learn from other races which directly or indirectly learn from Hindusm. Only then, Hindus themselves will be proud with what they have (not only the Gita but entire Hindusm Culture).

Take this for example :

Effectiveness is doing the right things.

Efficiency is doing things right.

Indians in India may not know what do they mean by Efficiency is doing things right but if you go to Japan for example, almost 99% of ALL workers, Students and Public Workers follow this methods without question.

They do the right thing, in right methods and in right attitude the FIRST time and become efficient. Time which is used for 2nd try is considered wasted and such effects is considered inefficiency.

Yet, if you ask any Japanese whether they know about the Gita or not, they couldn't know. Hell, the Japanese girl I have meet didn't know what Yoga is and I have to buy CDs and teach her the basic moves to keep her healthy based on those CDs.

Some of you may wonder, if Japanese didn't know about Gita, then how do they follow it? Simple ... Japanese don't follow Gita. Gita wasn't written with mere Holy book alone, it was written with Human and the Working of the Mind and Spirit of Man in its foundations.

Everything you do as Humans, Gita had described it - which included being sinful and ignorant and then chasing after forgiveness and such. That is why Gita still applied today as it did 5,000 years ago. As long as Humans remain Humans, their thinking and Mind will be the same and thus, they can apply Gita to get out of the problem them created themselves.