IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Conversion in any form is the destruction of the CULTURE OF A COMMUNITY and a nation.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Conversion in any form is the destruction of the CULTURE OF A COMMUNITY and a nation. Conversion of Hindus in India to Islam and Christianity is the cruel destruction of the culture of India.

Christianity and Islam are the two greatest religions of this world. Both of them came from Judaism. In a way, they are the "daughters of Judaism." Both religions have mentioned the names of all Jewish prophets in their religious scriptures. There are mentions of the name of Jesus and Mother Mary in Holy Koran.

Jews do not resort to any forcible conversations. Christians and Moslems do. Both believe by converting others they get "brawny points" with God when they reach heaven.

It is true that every one should have the right to convince some one else about his beliefs and ideas. True that there is nothing wrong for a Moslem or a Christian to tell a poor Hindu all about his beliefs. Problems start when they manufacture history and facts and lie about other religions.

We need free flow of thoughts during this age of confusion and conflicts. Unluckily, missionaries inject lies about Hinduism when they preach about their religion.

Missionaries falsify the facts and figures documented in the world history. They prey upon the "poor and sick" of India.

What a paradox!

One is not even allowed to carry a copy of the Holy Bible in Saudi Arabia;

One is not allowed to convert a Jew into any other religion is Israel;

One is not allowed to convert a Muslim to any other religion in Turkey;

One is not allowed to convert a Muslim to any other religion in Malaysia,;

One is not allowed to convert a Muslim to any other religion in Pakistan;

but in India, every one is allowed to convert any Hindu into any other religion forcefully or other wise.

Jomo Kenyatta, Kenya's first elected Prime Minister (1963-1964) and President (1964-1978) said: “When the missionaries arrived, the Africans had the land and the missionaries had the Bible. They taught us to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened our eyes, they had the land and we had the Bible." Hope and pray that this will not happen to India.

Most of the conversions in India are RICE CONVERTS, people converting to other religions so that they can have FREE FOOD. Hindus do not have the bank balance Moslems and Christians have. As such nobody is discussing every aspect of Hinduism in a market place. It is a shame that claims of Christians and Moslems, about the superiority of their religions, are going unchallenged through out the world.

I fully agree, like all other religions and cultures in the world, Hinduism has the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY aspects in it. Caste system is a disgrace and it is a curse on Hinduism. It only brought misery to India. I am sick of the humiliation lower castes subjected in India. I am for first COMPLETE ERADICATION OF CASTE SYSTEM and then for stoppage of FORCIBLE CONVERSION ALL OVER INDIA...

At the same time, Please remember that Slavery was part and parcel of the Holy Bible. There are many verses in the 66 books of the Holy Bible supporting SLAVERY and that was the reasons why, good, loving, caring, Church going Christians kept African Americans as SLAVES for hundreds of years. Slavery was sanctioned by Old Testament of the Holy Bible. Biblical verses such as Genesis 9:25-27, Leviticus 25:46, Exodus 21:1-6; Deut. 15:17; Exodus 21:7-9; support slavery. Moses did not condemn slavery. Jesus did not condemn slavery. In fact Jesus did not even address the issue at all, even though slavery was widespread in Palestine during Jesus' time. Slavery is even mentioned in the New Testament of the Holy Bible...

During Civil War, Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America, said that " Slavery was established by decree of Almighty God...it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation." George Washington, the father of our country, owned slaves. The great Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of Independence owned many slaves. Patrick Henry, who said, "Give me liberty or give me death," was a slave owner. They owned slaves since they felt nothing wrong about it at all. I admire Christians and Christianity for eradicating slavery. Like Christians We should eradicate caste system, which is nothing but slavery...

If we study world history, we will see that the whole idea of conversion does not make any sense at all. History shows SLOW DEVELOPMENT IN THINKING PROCESS OF MEN. Even though every religion claims that Almighty God wrote their scriptures, it was men who wrote all scriptures. Nobody has the monopoly on God or truth. Those things are universal.

1. First Man was a nomad and this nomad man settled on the banks of rivers of the world.

2 First thing man did after settling is AGRICULTURE. When man started cultivation, he had problems with nature.

3 So he worshiped all natural powers like SUN, MOON, RAIN, THUNDER, SERPENT etc as gods. Then finally man started worshiping ONE & ONLY GOD instead of many. Hindus and Jews worshiped many gods.

4 When man settled on banks of rivers, for the proper functioning of society, he made many LAWS & REGULATIONS such as MANU SMRITI [ in Hinduism ] and TEN COMMANDMENTS [ in Judaism].

5 So first man started CULTURES all over the world near river banks. Then out of these CULTURES came ORGANIZED RELIGIONS

6 HINDUISM and JUDAISM are two ancient cultures and all organized religions of the world today came from those two "mother cultures".

7 Islam, Christianity, Bahaism etc came from Judaism. Holy Koran mentions the name of Jesus Christ many times in its chapters.

8 Buddhism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism and to some extent Jainism came from Hinduism.

9 Everything that is coming from the west has its roots in Judaism like the Ethics and morality segments of Islam & Christianity.

10 Similarly, everything you see in the East has its origins in Hinduism. Believe it or not, even the rituals in Christianity that people in the east follow has close resemblance with Hindu rituals.

11 Sixty six books of the Holy Bible deals with the trails & tribulations of the Jews. You will only read about Jews and their history in the Holy Bible.

12 Similarly, in the Hindu scriptures one is studying about the culture of India, the culture of the people who gave up their nomad life style and settled on the banks of the rivers such as Ganges, Brahmaputra, Godavari, Indus etc.

13 Sixty six books of the Holy Bible does not mention about the prosperous Indian Hindu civilization nor about the Chinese civilization, since Holy Bible was written by Jews about Jews and for Jews. HOLY BIBLE DOES NOT EVEN MENTION ABOUT AMERICAN CONTINENT. World came to know about its existence only after Columbus stumbled upon it on his way to INDIA.

14 According to the Holy Bible, Jews are the chosen people of God. Jesus Christ was a Jew. Jesus did not intend to break away from Judaism. He came to make Judaism better by eradicating the evil things that have crept into it.

15 Today, all organized religions are amalgamations of many civilizations. No culture or religion can boast its tenets or concepts are unique nor it alone has the monopoly on God and Truth.

My point is that all cultures in the world are the result of "slowly developed thought process in the man" and organized religions came from those cultures. Nobody has the answer even for a question like "whether there is a God or not or are we speculating?"

History is stained with the blood of millions of human beings who fought in the name of their personal God and religion. LET US NOT REPEAT HISTORY. Let us study from history and learn the fact that ALL RELIGIONS ARE BELIEFS SYSTEMS and not scientifically or historically documented facts.

Nobody has monopoly on God or truth. God and truth are universal. Nobody can describe what God is! As such We have to and we should respect each other's beliefs, since nobody can prove or disapprove any one's belief.

http://www.amiahindu.com

<< Christianity and Islam are the two greatest religions of this world. >>

Great in what sense?

They are great anti-vedics, and in number only.

It seems the poster has less revearance for Hinduism.

The secularist below has insluted the Hindus on this hindu forum. hope the moderators would do the right thing.

Guest guest

Even Sikhs are being converted now. You know,

Sikhs have their own caste system. So do

the Christians. And Muslims too. It's not what

some passages in holy books say, but what the

religious hierarchy and the people practicing

a faith actually do in real life. Groups

representing the poor who were converted to

Christianity in the past are now suing churches

for practicing caste discrimination against them.

Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are Muslims. But they

could not coexist. And broke apart. There is

sectarian Muslim-on-Muslim violence in Pakistan

all the time. Muslims have been engaged in

violence against others since the 7th century.

Christians too have a similar history.

Let's be honest. India is a poor country. Most

Sikhs are poor. Most Muslims and Christians

are poor. And most Hindus are poor. Hindus are

not poor because of the caste system any more

than the people of other faiths. We are a

Hindu nation and and the Hindu poor are the

most visible. The poverty is the result of

centuries of Muslim destruction followed by

more than a century of colonial rule. It is

also a product of the system of government we

have chosen. The failure to control population

growth is the major cause of hopeless poverty.

We are making rapid economic progress as you

know. With a prospering economy education

will become more accessible to all people.

Education is the key. Poverty will decrease.

People from all religions and castes hold some of

the highest positions in the country - in government,

in the military, in the media, in the universities

and in business. So pointing to the caste system as

the source of all problems is unfair.

While we are making progress on all fronts, many of

us are concerned about rice Christians carrying on

with their mischief. You know these people are foreign

agents. They receive money from foreign churches and

and are instigated by their foreign paymasters to

perform illegal activities. Christians are an antinational

and subversive political group. Look at what they have

done in the Northeast. The region is now a hotbed of

terror. Lawless Kerala with only a 20 percent

Christian population has turned into a Somalia.

The concern about Christian criminal activities

is not about religion. It is more about political

control and the future security, integrity and

well-being of the country which belongs to all

citizens.

Christianity and Islam are the two greatest religions of this world. Both of them came from Judaism. In a way, they are the "daughters of Judaism." Both religions have mentioned the names of all Jewish prophets in their religious scriptures.

WILL you people PLEASE stop saying Islam and Christianity comes from Judaism? Get some facts straighten first before making such statement.

The things you hear that Islam and Christianity follow Judaism is false statement, made up by Muslims and Christianity themselves in order to show that their religion had authenticity from God.

FACT - Jewish people had rejected Jesus for he doesn't fit the profile of a Messiah (Messanger) and because of Christians' claim of him being Divine. Messiahs ARE HUMANS - born, raised, make errors and die like Humans. They are NOT Divine nor Angels nor Gods.

FACT - Jewish people had rejected Muhammad after he came to Madinah.

When he was in Mecca, he underwent a great suffering and abuse in hands of Quiraisy clan (his own clan matter a fact). Jewish people were with him because Jewish Tradition did state that Prophets are Men who abused by his own people.

However, when in Madinah, Muhammad built army and begin to show his own true color. He made peace pacts with Quiraisy (called Treaty of Hubayadiah) through his OWN FATHER-IN-LAW and when the old man came to Madinah to renew the peace threaty, Muhammad instructed his OWN DAUGHTER to abuse him for being infidel and Muhammad HIDE in Mosque, refusing to see the man.

Jews saw all this and stated that NO WAY this man can be Prophet of God for such behaviour (revengeful toward the abuse he gets, do not follow peaceful ways, mistreat others and lead others to abuse other people).

Muhammad felt upset about Jewish people's rejection and the war against Jews continued for 1,400 years to now.

So get your facts straighten, please.

14 According to the Holy Bible, Jews are the chosen people of God. Jesus Christ was a Jew. Jesus did not intend to break away from Judaism. He came to make Judaism better by eradicating the evil things that have crept into it.

True ... just as Buddha did with Hindusm.

Jews don't reject Jesus as Prophet, they reject him as a god, son of a god, sacrifice for Original Sin or the ONLY way to God.

Guest guest

I find the statement "Christianity and Islam are the two greatest religions of this world" true and false. True by means of strength, numbers & muscle, but not so great in their dogma, values, and blatant disregard for humanity. When will religions get it?! You will most certainly NOT go far while pushing others around, especially peaceful peoples who are just minding their own buisness. It greatly pains me to hear about kidnappings, rapes & forced religious conversions in this day and age. I pray every day that the fighting & ridiculously heinous acts cease. Maybe one day they will exhaust themselvs, and leave everyone else alone to live in peace.

However, to address something I am curious about, and please correct me if I am wrong but, (I am not Hindu, but I do have a great interest) doesn't Hinduism recognize all other religions as legitimate and not right or wrong, but just a different path to moksha? There is something very wrong with forced conversion, but surely one cannot fault anyone if it is freewill. Condeming freewill is no better than the Christians or followers of Islam pushing their will on others. This genuinely hurts my heart to the core when people fight over something so ridiculous as religion. How can ANYONE be positive what is the correct way for themselvs, mush less for anyone else? NO ONE has proof of anything spiritual, it is a decision of what is right for the individual. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who truly gets that fact. I used to be a Christian, a Roman Catholic, in fact. I always questioned everything that was being forced upon me & realized that it was wrong for my parents and family to force something on me that I didn't feel was right, and even more wrong, for a Church who's entire foundation is the blood of millions throughout the centuries to do the same. We as good humans (NOT Hindus, Christians, Muslims, etc.) need to pray and look forward to the day that everyone becomes enlightened enough to realize that misconduct towards our fellow species is getting us all NOWHERE and fast.

If no one is harming anyone else, and we can't get along, then why can't we at the very least tolerate each other?