IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Ganesha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ganeshprasadji, Namaste

you write well. However I read some books which say that Lord Ganesha was a Asur & was an anarya deity .Is it true?

anti-hindus produce their literature

which cannot help one to know hinduism.

which religion is the best in your view?

how much effort you hve done to really know the truth about other religions and compare with open mind?

do you practie any religion seriously?

Guest guest

I am just asking ot of curiosity.I am a hindu and pious one at that. why should we rejct anything without checking it.

Maadhav,we should say that Ganesha is a vedic god ,ref.verse so & so of Rigveda or Yajurveda raher than cursing.i am asking so i can refute their contention.True vaishanva is always open.,pious & humble. A true vaishnav does not mind studying other religion which I have done.

I have read vedas,puranas,upnishads.I have read the Qoran,sunnah & hadith . I have also read bible and commenteries.Zend Avestha I have read. I have more than paasing reading of Buddhism & Jainism.

Pardon me for saying so as I do not wish to hurt others but your writing my dear Maadav is not very , humble. It seems that you feel that you know it aLL,DO YOU?

Once a I would like to have the relevent references.

Practice of one's religion is within oneself, which I do .

regards to you

Guest guest

i agree with you,the reason why hinduism lost its glory and respect in due course was because people forgot to understand the real meaning of hinduism.They followed it without understanding the logic reasoning and real essence of it.So it is essential we understand the true meaning of everything..instead of blindly accepting and following them

dreamy

Guest guest

Hari OM

If a question is posed to somebody "Is your mother a good woman" it is very natural for that person to get angry. This question itself has nothing technically or legally wrong, but the intention of the question is bad.

The western (so-called) intellectuals are doing the same thing. They know that we Hindus have a deep attachement to our religion and they pose above sort of questions to instigate us and then finally come up with statements like Hindus are emotional fools unable to argue logically.

They don't realize or don't care that playing with emotions or sensitivity of people utlimately destorys them and others, so we need to develop our skills to argue intelligently even when they are hell bent in raising emotional issues tactially to divert from the path.

Guest guest

Although God in form of Ganesha came later on (during puranic period) of Vedic Religion, there is a Rig Veda verse for Ganesha!! (rig veda is earilest Veda!)

Orignially it was probably not for Ganesha, but today it is, and it is also very popular.

--

"Om Gananam twa ganpati gum havamahe Kavimkavinam upamashravastarm

Jyestharajam Brahmanam Brahmanaspata aanas-shrunvotibhi-seedhasadhanam

Om Sri Maha Ganapatayei Namah"

Rig Veda 2|23|1

--

this i got it from "Glory of Ganesha" - a book written by Swami Chinmayananda. It is VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

swami Chinmayananda is the best!!!!!!!!!