IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
barney

SRI AUROBINDO

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Ganesh

Is it uncomfortable to enlighten us how you happened to reach Mandyuka, or more correctly, how God disclosed Mandyuka to you? This upanishad is the culmination.One to whom Mandyuka is unravelled and who assimilates it, will not take birth again.

Jai Ganesh

Pranam Atanu

You have always said kind things for me, although I do not deserve it yet I am grateful to you for it motivates me to aspire for that stage from which there is no return.

I am forever in debated to my parents who in their lives as well as in passing away gave me all that I aspire for.

This particular Upanishad was the result of my brother’s love for Vadic chants inspired by Jashraj Pundits recital, so we purchased it. I must agree it is very powerful and uplifting.

I will be away again for a month, coming to Bharat. If i have a chance i will browse.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

"Is that why you cite Prabhupada, who calls God, the Supreme Personality of Godhead?"

I quote Prabhupada because he repeats what God says in the scriptures. He is transparent medium to understand God.

Your aspiring servant.

Guest guest

(I quote Prabhupada because he repeats what God says in the scriptures.)

And earlier you said "That's why it is best to accept the words of God, not interpretations".

You know the problem?

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

"And earlier you said "That's why it is best to accept the words of God, not interpretations".

You know the problem? "

I know the problem you are suggesting. You think that Srila Prabhupada interprets the scriptures. However, I maintain that Srila Prabhupada never gives his own interpretation. He translates word for word from shastra. In his purport he explains the verse in more detail for our understanding. He does not change the meaning of the verse.

(i) interpretation: a particular adaptation or version of a work, method, or style.

This does not apply to Prabhupada because he does not adapt the text or give his own version.

(ii) purport: meaning conveyed, professed, or implied.

This applies to Prabhupada, because he explains the meaning conveyed, professed and implied by God in his purport for our understanding.

Your aspiring servant.

Guest guest

(I know the problem you are suggesting. You think that Srila Prabhupada interprets the scriptures. )

You are blind my dear friend.

Enough of this ISHKON NONSENSE....

the time has come for the deeds of this fanatical sect

to be known to one and all

1. Bhagavad Geeta as the words of Krishna -> And those beautiful words had been lost for ages. And who re-discovered them??? The advaitic Shankara.....

2. Prabhupara was a mediocre teacher at best....his commentary on geeta is full of errors...it seems he did not have a introductory knowledge of the sanskrit language

3. ISHKON has done more harm than good for India. It is associated with hindu fundamentalism all over the world. All they did were convert hedonist hippies, who were unfit for any kind of religion

4. Recently ISHKON had to settle sexual abuse case with 10 million $. You fools, learn something from the Ramakrishna Mission which does so much for social welfare. You people, dont do an ounce of good, and yet have the audacity to attack great teachers like Aurobindo, Vivekananda and Ramakrishna!!! Hypocrites, all of you......

Guest guest

i agree...

& Prabhupada is not a teacher i would want to be in the presence of. He did not have that magnetic truth to him at all. many of his arguments were self fulfilling and plain odd. he actually critisised others who were on the same search for truth, with the conclusion that all one needs to do is chant hare krishna? maybe that was a sufficient method for him, but other people do not need to be coaxed to do this or that in order to achieve enlightenmen. prabhupada wanted to rewrite the gita and redefine peoples concepts of the 4 paths of yoga. and who is he to critisize anyone? that's ridiculous. he is half the pure aspirant aurobindo was. i respect his interpretation of the gita in some ways, but i dont respect his opinion as a guru at all. last thing the world needs is an elitist who's opinion followers cling to like fools for a sense of superiority. prabhupada wanted to be recognised as a god.

as for the works of ISKON, i see them not doing much good for the world at all. go to an ISKON centre and compare the reception you receive, say, to that of a church. the people are aloof. there are hippies in every corner. there are people who are only self interested and committed to dulling their own senses rather than helping the community grow.