IndiaDivine.org

Someone has deleted my messages

Rate this topic

shaivite

Dear Moderator,

Thanks for giving me oppurtunity to share my thoughts with everyone in this forum.

My apologies for anyone who felt hurt by the opinions I expressed.

What I expressed was just difference of opinion, not hatred towards anyone or any philosophy.

Though in my fervour to state my opinions, I might have resorted to strong and powerfull texts and anologies, in my heart I only have love and affection towards my fellow human beings.

Goodbye.

Hi,

What happened? Please take these things lighlty.After all we have our own world and ups & downs in life.

By the by,who deleted your messages? Does your id not exist anymore?

If you are quitting this forum, I have few words to request you.This is my humble suggestion as a forum friend.I like your arguments but I say Shaivite -- please have unflinching belief on scriptures,our Acharyas and Avatars of Vishnu.Dont get confused by the atheists group who want to date the events of Rama and Krishna and somehow bring them down to ordinary people.

With your sharp intellect, I am sure you will reach the heights of spiritual realization in real life if you believe in scriptures and Acharyas.

Thankyou very much.

Please reply for this.

Friendly,

Ranga

To believe or not to believe cannot be a differentiator between a person in a spiritual path and a terrorist.

The person who is a terrorist thinks that he is the ultimate believer in scriptures & acharyas, above all means of validation.

Well, we all would have wished that the terrorist had gotten into the spiritual path and taken to detatched living, even though islamic. But the terrorist wants to believe and soak in his scriptures, and develops a strong desire to take away something from the world (instead of practicing detachment) even if it leads to his own distruction.

This is frustrating but true that the ones size fits all advice of follow scriptures and acharyas, may not work for spiritual path all the time.

The maya and ego creeps through ones own interpretation of the scriptures & pravachans-of-acharyas. This is universally true for all scriptures and religions, without exceptions.

So is BELIEF a measureable. NO. Belief is never truely manifested in anyone, BTW beating chest and crying for lord is no maifestation but drama, just as kneeling down and gazing at the cross with a slanted head.

The true measureable is as said in BG, and it's difficult to put in words. Detachement, nishkama karma, surely would be in the measureables.

Dear Ranga,

Thanks for your mail.

I admire all of your unflinching devotion to scriptures and Acharyas. However, I belong to the rational stream of hinduism. Until someone deleted my messages and my id, I was living in a world of maya thinking I could have interesting discussion over the validity of scriptures.

But I now realize that I'm in the wrong forum.

My arguments in this forum is bound to cause lot of distress to the other members. People cannot objectively analyse ideas that are too close to their hearts.

Anyway, I'll always be lingering around reading and enjoying interesting articles and discussions. who knows, I may even join again in your discussions after a few days, or months or years.

For people who say I'm not a hindu, thank god, you only have authority to kick me out of your elite group and not out of my religion!!

Mr.Shaivite,

I understand you are hurt by the message deletion but in the same breadth i would like to add my 2 cents worth.

You say rational hinduism- what exactly do you mean by that-it is your obligation to decipher what rational means, now if you define "rational" based on modern science, then i dont think you will find rationality superficially in Vedic Science.

Vedic Science is not a thoery where you test it in the labarotary or some statisitcal modeling and come to the conlusion of ye or ney. Modern science proves or disporves based on this methodology of lab testing and statistical models. If you think this is rational, then i dont think you can see any rationality.

Vedic science should be realised and not just mere literature where we can debate.

When you say in your posts that Vedic science has supersitious beliefs, i dont know what you meant. However, there is also the political agenda and the real spiritual agenda. In todays world, people use the Vedic science to their advantage politically and misquote the scriptures to their advantage but that doesnt mean Vedic science is some myth, if you say it is not rational based on modern day atheistic analysis, then you are doing a great in-justice and mockery to all the previous acharyas who are the emobodiment of the very God you talk about.

If you think it is superstitious and mythical and unrational, then why did the great saints in India do what they did. Why did Adi Shankarar write the vedanta sutras and ultimately sing Bhaja Govindam.

I know you are from Tamilnadu, you should know the history of Adi Shankara, and if Vedas was irrational, then there is no reason he would have done what he did.

So, criticizing the Vedas is very easy,but actualy spending time and critically analysing it and above all REALIZING the scriptures is the ultimate goal. Then i think we deserve to comment on the vedas. Now days, everyone is commenting on the Vedas as it is normal text, NO- it is not, it has to be dealt with a reverential attitude of humbleness to God.

So, if you are really interested in spiritual life, then i think you should seriously analyse and realise the Vedic texts and then comment on it.

Haribol!

anand

You have driven the nail at the right point. It is an individual's right to follow the path that he feels comfortable without hurting others. There is no single path to spiritualism and realization. Buddah shosed a path and he attained nirvana ans so did Swami Ramakrishan and Swami Ramalingam. And there is Satya Sai Baba showing a nutural path. It is up to the individual to choose a path of his desire. Never compel one to follow strictly anothers's and the result would be devastating.

Sipiritualism is way to control your desires and lead one to dharma not become a fanatic and speak evil of others belief. Hinduism is a unique religion and gives you that freedom of choice in your path to spiritualism, please do not make it into another fanatical religion.