IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

mamsa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

please could anyone give me the real meaning of "Mamsa". please quote form which source you are refering to. thanks

Guest guest

thanks for the reply. many people use this word mamsa to proove that one can eat meat. My Guru who is a sanskrit scholar said that mamsa means meat BUT it also means (from the monier williams dict) Meaning n. sg. and pl. flesh , meat Rig Veda

(also said of the fleshy part or pulp of fruit)

Name of a mixed caste MBh.

a worm L.

time L

www.yogaexpo.com/glossary.html

Mamsa: One of the seven bodily constituents, mainly muscle (dhatu) and its metabolism.

many Hindus who like to consume dead bodies use this word esp. from the man smriti to provve that eating dead bodies ia alright and legit.

esp. in the GAruda Purana and markendeya purana the foolish translators who supposed to expert on SAnkrit translate the word mamasa as meat. this is when the descendents offer meat are "supposed to offer meat to the forefathers.) this is utter nonsense as stated in Matya Purana "Vegetarian food prepared with pure butter, milk, sugar and curd, etc. are most pleasing_to_the_Pitrs."(Matsya_Purana_17.30)

Cow’s milk, honey and the sweet pudding made of milk and rice and sugar with dry nuts satisfies the Pitrs forever. (Matya_Purana_17.36)

Flesh of animals is obtained only after killing him, which is a sin, and the killer of animals never enters the celestial abode. (Manu_Simriti_5.48)

It is Dharma that in the Shraddha feast one should never offer meat nor should one eat meat. Only vegetarian food must be offered because meat is obtained by killing._(Srimad_Bhaagavatam_7.15.7)

Manu asserts that selling buying, cooking and eating meat is a sin, which is as great as killing an animal itself. (Manu_Simriti_5.15)

of course for one who likes to eat meat they will come up with anything just to prove themselves right.

Guest guest

haribol

does have anyone out there have any more meaning of the word "Mamsa" so far i have the following. please quote from where you got it from. in some the ff i maybe incorrect, please excuse me for that.thanks.

MAmsa = meat,

fleshy portions or pulp of a fruit.

name of a mixed caste

a worm

time

muscle

Mam means "me," and sa means "he.As I am eating him just now, he will eat me next life."

jai hind,

narottam das