IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hinduism&poverty

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have to work on my report about Religion & Poverty so I want to know what the view of Hinduism about poverty and the poor? Urgent reply! I have to present my report tomorrow but still have not enough detial about Hinduism. Please help!!!

hinduism does not give importance for money. one who lives by hinduism correctly, can become a rich man, or can choose to live like a poor materially.

behind your inocent question i smell

that you are an anti-hindu and want to make a point that hinduism is not good becaue there are many poors in india.

the brits and americans became rich by ruling over others and making others slaves. hinduism discourages to produce and hoard money like this.

besides how many rich people have real peace?

in contrat, you will find many poor in india who are in peace within.

hindusm says that money should be made by moral and ethical way only, ans should be used for god.

india will be poor so long as it does not practice hinduism correctly and fully.

Guest guest

honestly, my point for asking the question was to find the good reason and more detail about Hinduism to support my idea that Hinduism isn't the reason for the poverty problem in India. It was so hard for me to find any text about Hinduism. Anyway, thank you so much for your reply. Your reply helps me so much. If you have any sources that can help me to support that idea, please reply that to me. Thank you so much.

Guest guest

Mr Madhav,

If u say money isnt much important then what does Indra boast of?Its pure material pleasure right?And for what Mahabaratha was faught for?Material pleasures..if so whats wrong in expecting a religion or gods to provide comforts for people.

As far u saying people r happy without money..well happiness is a state of mind,anyone can be happy,a sick man a poor man a miserable man,anyone can be..he doesnt need to be religious..so whats the big deal of still sticking to it no matter what and what about the other world giving it all if it doesnt mean much.i mean heaven

Guest guest

Hinduism encourages people and different organization to help elevate the people from poverty. Therefore encourage service.

Christians and muslims missionaries should offer service with an extra incentive to discourage the Hindu poor people from coverting their religion to a minority community and from considering themselves as victims by birth. Christians and muslims are welcome to serve the poor in india thus, with new positive attitude.

Christians and muslims are allowed to thus invest in serving the poeple of india and this society can offer them the recipe of peace in the years to come.

Guest guest

If money isnt important in Hinduism then y does it made and offered to GOD.

Y will india be poor for long,if money doesnt matter that much then being poor isnt a bad trait right?

Be Hindu Be POOR and be happy..

Guest guest

Madahv,

As a matter of fact , i shud say that most of the europeans /US Americans , whenever they show interest (or try to show) what they actually want to do is to deride , and show their so called superiority ,well I have had chance of seeing a exhibition on India by one of the students here who had a semesrter spent in India. The photos showed only the poverty and ill faced india.

I never got ashamed of it , rather i was forced to think more and more how materialistiv people these are, how they give moore value to the outside material dress,rather than the eternal soul and the super soul...........

On aksing the person about why did she put those photos she told she wanted to show " same same but different thing " I did ask here whether this is the only different thing she found , for which she didnt reply................

The message is clear , we follow krishna, we do rituals, we fast , and we do so many things, what uplifts here is the Soul, which cant be seen or percieved or shown to this people . and what lacks(as they think) is the material upliftment which remains only till the death............

Nevertheless I think we shud shopw them how performing the yajnas perfectly the material richness can also be brought in an amount uncomparable to what theyhave......

"Jai Jai Sri Gopa Gopi Natha "

poverty or richness is not a monoploy of any one counry or religion or culture.

look around the glob and see for your self.

for any more serious discussion, pick a username,

else i suggest to all here to not respond to your posts.

good post. thanks.

if india were poor some 300 or so years ago,

then why columbus went to sea to reach india?

at the end of mahabharat war, the treasury of yudhisthir was almost empty, and he wanted to perform a yajna.

krishna indicated him that near himalayas a king (his name is given) did a yagna and fed thousands in golden plates.

all attended threw away these plates after eating the food.

yodhisthir, a king, sent men to pick up these gold dishes and with that treasure he performed his yajna and fileld the treasury.

that was the opulence of india, says prabhupada.

in contrast, the presidents of US etc eat in paper and plastic plates sometimes, or china.