IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Broken idol / statues at Pooja Room

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Friends,

I have small about 3" height 7" long Sri Nandi Idol / statue in my prayer table. I have been worshiping Him since 7/8 years - but found by oversight, when something hits, the statue's ear wings broken. Though I still I am cleaning and alankar with sandal and kumkum, yet, there is a small hesitancy in my mind irritating, whether I should keep the ear wing broken Nandi statue in my prayer room.

I am confused everyday on this issue. Can someone suggest what I can do? Can I apply sandal and kumkum inthe earwing broken area and continue worshipping?

suggestions please.

thanks

Hi,

Broken ideals no longer carry Prana Shakthi of the particular deity.So please dont worship that deity.

Instead, you can buy a new one,do prana prathishta and do pooja for it.

The old deity must be kept in the pooja room with full respect or after installing new deity the old idol must be merged in Holy Rivers like Ganges,Cauvery(not in lakes or ponds).Sea is also acceptable.

<< Broken ideals no longer carry Prana Shakthi of the particular deity. >>

cannot agree.

which scripture or saint or acchary sayd so please?

once ramakrishna paramahamsa was asked a similar quetion.

he replied something like this:

"if your father or mother looses his arm or leg, will you dump him or her?"

A Book - poweer in temples - by srikant

describes a real ceremony in which when an ancient broken vishnu statue was found, it's prana was transferred by a process to a new moorty, and more prana was added by certain vidhi. so, this means that a broken moorti does not loose prana, at least if it is not broken really badly.

Maadhav,

Thankyou for the correction.

Yes Prana shakthi is still there in the deity idol but as you rightly said it must be transferred to a new moorthy and pooja must be carried out to New moorthy.

The whole problem lies for normal devotees like us.As this person Patriot started looking into the broken part,our mind automatically goes to find faultiness even with a divine idol.It is to avoid this psychological boundary of fault finding we bind on ourself,such rituals are prescribed in scriptures.

But a very high exalted devotee can call the divine to descend upon even a speck of dust.

Radhe Krishna!!!!!!!

Guest guest

"Lord has no images."

you have an image and god has not image?

impossible..... gos is more than you

krishna in gita says:

avyaktam vyaktimaam manyante maam abuddhaya..

so, he/god has form, but he also says that one can worship him as formless god, but that is a difficult way and take long time, he says. so, if you like it, go ahead and do that sadhana, but do not enforce it on othres who follow worship of god with a form.